Colorado State Signing Day Central

Wednesday was the first day athletes from the 2015 graduating class can sign their National Letter of Intent to cement their commitment to a university. Here’s a list of the athletes who signed with Colorado State:

Men’s Basketball

Prentiss Nixon, Bolingbrook, Illinois – Nixon, a four-star recruit according to ESPN.com, comes to the Colorado State as one of the top prep players in his class, rated as the No. 9 player in the state of Illinois, the No. 31 overall recruit in the Midwest region, and the No. 25 point guard in the class of 2015. As a junior in 2013-14, Nixon helped the Bolingbrook Raiders to a 22-6 mark, averaging 18.2 points, 3.3 assists and 2.3 steals per game.

“Prentiss can really shoot the ball and has great athleticism at the guard spot. He has a chance to be a great defender at this level, and is a guy that is capable of playing both guard positions for us,” head coach Larry Eustachy said. 

Anthony Bonner, Lawrence Kansas – Bonner is a versatile guard who joins the Rams from the same Lawrence High School program that produced CSU great Dorian Green. As a junior in 2013-14, he averaged 16.1 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.9 assists per game, shooting 49 percent from the field overall, including hitting at a 42 percent clip from beyond the arc.

Anthony has a very high IQ and has a great feel for the game. He is also very good shooter and has the ability to get quality shots, not only for himself, but for his teammates,” Eustachy said. 

Nico Carvacho, Frisco, Texas – Carvacho, from will come to Colorado State after his senior season at Sunrise Christian Academy in Wichita, Kan. As a junior last season at Frisco High School, prior to his transfer to Sunrise Christian, Carvacho averaged a double-double, posting 10 points and 10 rebounds per contest, helping the Raccoons to a 19-10 record.

“Nico has a tremendous work ethic and really wants to be a good player. It is so rare to get guys his size that also possess that level of good skill. And he is one of those guys that really enjoys playing the game,” Eustachy said. 

Women’s Basketball

Callie Kaiser, Broomfield, Colorado  Kaiser, a 5’10 guard, led Broomfield High School to a 27-1 record her junior season, finishing runner-up to Mesa Ridge in 2013-14. Last year, she averaged 14.3 points, 7.2 rebounds, 3.4 steals and 2.5 assists per contest. She was awarded Class 4A first-team all-state, and was the only junior to make first team.

“We feel we are getting the premier guard in the state of Colorado,” CSU head coach Ryun Williams said in press release. “Callie is a tremendous basketball player and a very tough and competitive young lady. She is a versatile guard who shoots it well, drives it and makes those around her better.

Men’s Golf

Jake Staiano, Highlands Ranch, Colorado – Staiano, a senior at Valor Christian High School, is rated as the No. 1-ranked prospect in the state of Colorado in the Class of 2015 by Golfweek. He has helped Valor Christian earn back-to-back 4A state championships in 2013 and 2014. During the 2014 state championship, Staiano placed as the individual runner-up, before going on to be named the 4A Metro Region Player of the Year.

“Recruiting the state of Colorado is a big priority of ours so to get the No. 1-ranked player in the state for 2015 is a big deal,” head coach Christian Newton said in a statement. “Jake possesses all of the attributes that will help him be successful at CSU. His goals are to become an Academic All-American, golf All-American, and later play the PGA Tour. I couldn’t ask for a better fit for our program than Jake.”

Women’s Golf

Katrina Prendergast, Sparks, Nevada – Prendergast, a senior at Spanish Springs High School in Sparks, Nev., is a two-time state champion, team and individual, and a four-time regional champ, while competing in the highest classification. 

“Katrina is going to be a solid addition to our team,” head coach Annie Young said. “She is very athletic, playing basketball at Spanish Springs. On the course, she is a big hitter off the tee. We are excited to have her at Colorado State.”

Volleyball

Kirstie Hillyer, Bayfield, Colorado – Hillyer, a 2014-15 Under Armour Honorable Mention All-American, comes to CSU from Bayfield High School. She recently concluded her prep career, where she helped the Wolverines to four Intermountain League championships. Bayfield never lost a league match, going 32-0 including four trips to the 3A state tournament.

“Her talent is that she is very tall, has a great arm and in the past year and a half has developed a lot more fluidity as an athlete,” CSU head coach Tom Hilbert said. “She plays very high and has tremendous potential to be a great player.”

Jessica Jackson, Denver, Colorado – With an equally impressive resume, Jackson was also a four-time all-league and two-time all-state selection. Jackson helped Thomas Jefferson High School to three Denver Prep League titles (2012-14) and a berth in the 2013 4A state tournament – her school’s first in three decades.

“She’s athletic and she has incredible heart,” Hilbert said of Jackson. “She’s wanted to be a Ram since she was in the 8th grade, and those are the kind of people who should be in our program. 

Stay with collegian.com for updates throughout national signing day.

Collegian Sports Editor Keegan Pope can be reached at kpope@collegian.com and on Twitter @ByKeeganPope.