Coach on a Couch Fantasy Football Blog: Week 13

Start Em’

Ryan Tannehill QB, MIA, is coming off of a loss against the Denver Broncos. Tannehill performed well in the losing effort as he threw for 228 yards and 3 touchdowns, while only turning the ball over once. Tannehill has been very accurate lately as he has completed over 70% of his passes in 6 of his past 8 games. In his past 8 games he has thrown 16 touchdown passes. This week Tannehill and the Dolphins face the New York Jets on the road. The Jets have allowed the most passing touchdowns in the league (27). Prediction: 23 pts; 230 yds and 3 TDs

Alfred Morris RB, WAS, is coming off his first 100 yard rushing performance of the year. Morris has been the lone consistent player on a struggling Washington offense. Morris has experienced an increase in his workload, as he has had at least 18 carries/game since week 7. He will only continue to run the ball more as long as the Redskins passing attack is lacking. The Redskins are facing the Colts this week. Indianapolis has allowed 19.4 fantasy points per game to running backs, since week 7. Prediction: 17 pts; 110 yds and 1 TD

Odell Beckham Jr. WR, NYG, has been outstanding since returning from injury in week 5. Since then, he has been top 10 in receptions, yards, and touchdowns. Beckham Jr. is also 5th in fantasy points among receivers, since week 7. Beckham Jr. will have a favorable match up this week against a less than stellar Jacksonville pass defense. The Jaguars have allowed 22 fantasy points per game to opposing receivers over the past 6 games. Prediction: 18 pts; 120 yds and 1 TD

Sit Em’

Cam Newton QB, CAR, has only had one game on the road in which he has scored more than 14 fantasy points. Newton will be on the road this week in Minnesota. The Vikings secondary has been great at home as they have yet to allow a visiting quarterback to score more than 20 fantasy points. Minnesota also ranks in the top 10 for fewest fantasy points allowed to opposing quarterbacks. Prediction: 17 pts; 220 yds, 2 TDs, and 1 INT

Lamar Miller RB, MIA, has been sharing carries with teammate Daniel Thomas over the past couple of weeks. Over the past 4 games, Miller has had only 4 carries inside the opponent’s 10 yard line, the same amount as Thomas. With a reduced number of goal line carries Miller has struggled to find the end zone, rushing for just 1 touchdown over the past 5 games. Miller will face a stingy Jets run defense that has allowed the 2nd-fewest yards per carry this season. Prediction: 7 pts; 70 yds

Andre Johnson WR, HOU, is on pace for a 57% reception rate which would be the lowest of his career. Johnson only has one touchdown on the season as DeAndre Hopkins has become the preferred target for Houston. Johnson will have trouble reaching the end zone again, as the Texans face the Titans who have allowed the 4th-fewest touchdowns to opposing receivers. Prediction: 5 pts; 50 yds

Top Players by Position

QB

Andrew Luck, IND: Will bounce back against a Washington defense that has allowed QBs to throw for 21 TDs and 4 INTs on the season. Prediction: 27 pts; 300 yds and 3 TDs

Peyton Manning, DEN: Since joining the Broncos he is 5-0 against the Chiefs with 311 yards per game. Prediction: 26 pts; 280 yds and 3 TDs

Aaron Rodgers, GB: Leading all QBs in fantasy points per game since week 2. He will score a lot this week in what looks to be a shootout against New England. Prediction: 25 pts; 260 yds and 3 TDs

RB

Le’Veon Bell, PIT: Coming off of a career high 204 rushing yards and will match up well against a Saints defense that has allowed 949 total yards to RBs over the past 6 games. Prediction: 19 pts; 130 yds and 1 TD

Arian Foster, HOU: Has been facing an injury, but if he plays he will find success. Foster will play against the Titans who he has faced 8 times in his career in which he has run for 115 yards/game with 9 TDs. Prediction: 17 pts; 110 yds and 1 TD

Jamaal Charles, KC: Has been great in his career against Denver, racking up 944 yards and 5 TDs in his previous 8 meetings. Prediction: 15 pts; 90 yds and 1 TD

WR

Demaryius Thomas, DEN: Is coming off of a 3 TD outing and is leading the league in targets. Prediction: 16 pts; 100 yds and 1 TD

Antonio Brown, PIT: Is leading the NFL in receptions and faces a Saints defense that has allowed top receivers to score at least 14 fantasy points over the past 7 games. Prediction: 16 pts; 100 yds and 1 TD

A.J. Green, CIN: Faces a Bucs defense that has allowed 16 TDs to wideouts this year. Prediction: 15 pts; 90 yds and 1 TD

Check out a complete injury report here.

Check back next week for the latest edition of Coach on a Couch!

Collegian Sports Reporter Alec Grimes can be reached at sports@collegian.com and on Twitter @GrimesAlec.