Coach on a Couch Fantasy Football Blog: Week 11

Start Em’

Philip Rivers QB, SD, struggled in his last outing against Miami, finishing with 138 yards and 4 turnovers. This week Rivers and the Chargers are coming off of a bye and will play host to the Oakland Raiders. Look for Rivers to bounce back this week against a Raiders defense that has allowed 31.2 points per game since week 4. Rivers threw for 313 yards and 3 touchdowns in his previous game against Oakland. Expect Rivers to get back on track by throwing a few touchdown passes. Prediction: 24 pts; 250 yds and 3 TDs

Mark Ingram RB, NO, has experienced a large workload over the past 3 games, with 19 more carries than any other running back in the league, for an average of 27 carries per game. Over this span Ingram has rushed for 100 yards or more in each game with a total of 3 touchdowns. This week Ingram will face the Cincinnati Bengals who have allowed the 4th-most fantasy points per game to running backs. Expect Ingram to see a lot of action yet again, as the Saints backfield has been plagued with injury. Prediction: 16 pts; 100 yds and 1 TD

DeSean Jackson WR, WAS, has had 100 yards or more in 5 games this season, the only player with more is Demaryius Thomas. Jackson has a very favorable matchup this week against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The Bucs rank 31st in pass defense and have allowed the most fantasy points to opposing wide receivers this season. Expect Jackson to torch the Tampa Bay secondary. Prediction: 16 pts; 100 yds and 1 TD

Sit Em’

Jay Cutler QB, CHI, has continued to struggle over the past few weeks, scoring 8 or less fantasy points in 2 of his past 3 games. After last week’s blowout loss to division foe Green Bay, Bears fans are beginning to give up on Cutler and the season. This week’s matchup against Minnesota will prove to be another tough one for Cutler and company, as the Vikings are coming off of a bye with a secondary that has allowed the 4th-fewest fantasy points per game to quarterbacks. Over the past 5 games the Vikings have allowed only 12.3 fantasy points per game to opposing quarterbacks. Prediction: 17 pts; 220 yds, 2 TDs, and 1 INT

Tre Mason RB, STL, has carried the ball 33 times over the past 2 weeks yet he has totaled only 113 yards. The main issue with Mason is that he has averaged only 1.4 yards after contact per rush, since taking over the starting role in week 7. This week he will once again have difficulty running the ball against the number 1 ranked Denver Broncos rush defense. Denver has allowed the fewest rushing yards after contact in the NFL this season. Prediction: 4 pts; 40 yds

Marques Colston WR, NO, has only one touchdown on the season and only one double-digit fantasy performance. Colston has been held under 50 yards in each of his past 3 games. With the New Orleans offense starting to lean more on the running game and Drew Brees favoring Jimmy Graham and Brandin Cooks, Colston is becoming less of an offensive weapon. The Saints play the Bengals who have allowed the fewest receiving yards to opposing wide receivers this season. Prediction: 4 pts; 45 yds

Top Players by Position

QB

Peyton Manning, DEN: Has had 2 or more passing touchdowns in each game this season, expect him to continue this trend. Prediction: 27 pts; 300 yds and 3 TDS

Aaron Rodgers, GB: Is coming off of a 6 touchdown outing and will play the Eagles who have allowed the 4th-most fantasy points per game to quarterbacks. Prediction: 26 pts; 280 yds and 3 TDs

Tom Brady, NE: Has had 18 touchdowns to only one interception over his past 5 games. Brady will stay red hot in a shootout against the Colts. Prediction: 26 pts; 280 yds and 3 TDs

RB

Matt Forte, CHI: He has been the bright spot of a struggling Chicago offense and will continue to perform well against a Vikings defense that has allowed the 8th-most fantasy points per game to running backs. Prediction: 17 pts; 110 yds and 1 TD

Marshawn Lynch, SEA: Is coming off of a game with a career-high 4 rushing touchdowns. He will be facing a mediocre Chiefs run defense that has allowed 4.7 yards per carry. Prediction: 15 pts; 90 yds and 1 TD

Jamaal Charles, KC: Has had 5 touchdowns in his past 4 games, expect him to reach the end zone again this week. Prediction: 14 pts; 80 yds and 1 TD

WR

Demaryius Thomas, DEN: Has had more fantasy points per game than any other receiver in the league, since week 3. He has had over 100 yards in 6 straight games. Prediction: 16 pts; 100 yds and 1 TD

Jordy Nelson, GB: 18 of the 25 touchdown passes thrown by Aaron Rodgers this season have gone to either Nelson or Cobb. This duo of receivers will have another big week against an Eagles defense that has allowed the 3rd-most fantasy points per game to wideouts. Prediction: 15 pts; 95 yds and 1 TD

Calvin Johnson, DET: Had over 100 receiving yards last week, marking the 41st time in his career. He will face the Cardinals who have allowed the 9th-most fantasy points to wide receivers. Prediction: 15 pts; 90 yds and 1 TD

Check out a complete injury report here.

Week 11 Byes: Dallas Cowboys, Jacksonville Jaguars, New York Jets, Baltimore Ravens

Check back next week for the latest edition of Coach on a Couch!

Collegian Sports Reporter Alec Grimes can be reached at sports@collegian.com and on Twitter @GrimesAlec.