Coach on a Couch Fantasy Football Blog: Week 7

Week 6 Recap

Cam Newton QB, CAR, was the leading scorer last week in a tie against the Cincinnati Bengals. Newton had his way with the Bengals defense as he threw for 284 yards with 2 touchdowns, while running for 107 yards and a touchdown. Last week Newton carried the ball 17 times, which was a season high for him. Newton will provide a dual threat again this week against a Green Bay defense that has allowed the 2nd-most rushing yards to QBs. Prediction: 27 pts; 260 pass yds, 60 rush yds, and 2 TDs

T.Y. Hilton WR, IND, had a career day as he went off for 223 receiving yards and a touchdown. Hilton has had 498 receiving yards in his last 4 games, making it clear that he is Luck’s go-to target. The Colts face the Bengals this week, who have allowed only one receiver to go for over 100 yards. Hilton’s big play ability makes him a threat to score in this tough matchup. Prediction: 14 pts; 80 yds and 1 TD

Start Em’

Carson Palmer QB, ARI, is coming off of a respectable performance, which came in his first week back from injury. Palmer displayed discipline and patience as he managed to not turn the ball over at all. The Cardinals face a winless Oakland Raiders squad who have allowed the 2nd-highest completion percentage on deep passes. This is good news for Palmer and his fantasy owners since he loves to air it out deep down the field. Prediction: 22 pts; 280 yds and 2 TDs

Justin Forsett RB, BAL, is one of five RBs that have scored at least 6 fantasy points each game. Forsett is in the top 10 RB fantasy scorers and leads the league with 6.4 yards per carry. Forsett and company play against the struggling Atlanta Falcons defense this week. Atlanta has allowed the most fantasy points and touchdowns to RBs this season. Prediction: 14 pts; 80 yds and 1 TD

DeSean Jackson WR, WAS, has had over 100 receiving yards with a touchdown in each of his last 2 games. Jackson also has the highest average in the league on deep passes at 47.8 yards. He will face a Titans defense that has allowed the 4th-most deep catches this year. Tennessee has also allowed the 7th-most touchdowns through the air. Prediction: 15 pts; 90 yds and 1 TD

Sit Em’

Matt Ryan QB, ATL, has averaged just 14 fantasy points on the road this season, while throwing more interceptions than touchdowns. Ryan will have a tough matchup against a Ravens defense that has been outstanding at home, allowing the 7th-fewest fantasy points to visiting QBs. Prediction: 16 pts; 280 yds, 1 TD, and 1 INT

Steven Jackson RB, ATL, will struggle for the same reasons as Matt Ryan; poor play on the road, a struggling offensive line, and a great Ravens defense at home. Baltimore has allowed the 4th-fewest fantasy points to RBs this season. Jackson will also see more of his workload given to Antone Smith who has played well, and is beginning to look like the best Atlanta RB. Prediction: 4pts; 40 yds

Keenan Allen WR, SD, has had 5 fantasy points or fewer in each game this season, with the exception of his week 4 matchup against Jacksonville. Allen has averaged only 3.2 yards after the catch while being held out of the end zone this season. He will face a well-rested Chiefs defense that has allowed the 3rd-fewest receptions to opposing WRs. Prediction: 5 pts; 50 yds

Top Players By Position

QB

Andrew Luck, IND: Has had over 300 yards in all but one game, while totaling 19 passing TDs. Prediction: 29 pts; 340 yds and 3 TDs

Aaron Rodgers, GB: Still only has one INT on the season which came in the first game. Faces a Carolina defense that has allowed the 9th-most fantasy points to QBs. Prediction: 25 pts; 260 yds and 3 TDs

Peyton Manning, DEN: Needs 3 TDs to make history by passing Brett Favre (508) for career passing touchdowns. Prediction: 25 pts; 260 yds and 3 TDs

RB

DeMarco Murray, DAL: Is yet to have less than 20 carries or 100 rushing yards in a single game this season. Prediction: 17 pts; 110 yds and 1 TD

Matt Forte, CHI: Is leading the NFL in receptions with 46. You read that correctly, and yes he is still a running back. Prediction: 17 pts; 70 rush yds, 40 rec yds, and 1 TD

Arian Foster, HOU: Has rushed for over 100 yards and 2 TDs in each of his last 2 games. Prediction: 16 pts; 100 yds and 1 TD

WR

Jordy Nelson, GB: Is leading the league in receiving and faces a Panthers defense that has allowed the 5th-most fantasy points per game to WRs. Prediction: 16pts; 100 yds and 1 TD

Demaryius Thomas, DEN: Has 350 receiving yards and 3 TDs in his last 2 games. DT will look to catch Peyton’s record breaking TD. Prediction: 16 pts; 100 yds and 1 TD

Antonio Brown, PIT: Plays similar to T.Y. Hilton who burned the Texans secondary last week. Prediction: 15 pts; 90 yds and 1 TD

Injury Report

Out

Marvin Jones WR, CIN

Ryan Mathews RB, SD

Montee Ball RB, DEN

Jimmy Graham TE, NO

Doubtful

Calvin Johnson WR, DET

A.J. Green WR, CIN

Rashad Jennings RB, NYG

Questionable

Kelvin Benjamin WR, CAR

Reggie Bush RB, DET

Toby Gerhart RB, JAX

Probable

Vernon Davis TE, SF

Jordan Reed TE, WAS

Cecil Shorts WR, JAX

Byes

Philadelphia Eagles and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Good luck in your matchups and see you next week!

Collegian Sports Reporter Alec Grimes can be reached at sports@collegian.com and on Twitter @GrimesAlec.