Flower Power Botanicals in Fort Collins Celebrates ‘420’ all April with these amazing Deals & Promotions:

In Colorado, April is always the month to celebrate, especially if you are a medical and recreational marijuana dispensary in Fort Collins. On...

We want you: Collegian looking for sports reporters

Dear Sports Desk reader,

As sports editor of this newspaper for the 2014-15 school year, the job of providing well-written, in-depth stories about Colorado State sports falls directly on my staff and I. And while we will say goodbye to some great people at the conclusion of this year, it’s already time to begin looking forward to next fall.

That’s where you come in.

If you like writing, sports, or a combination of the two, then I want to hear from you. There are big things in store for our sports desk and the Collegian as a whole next year and now is the time to get on board. Like Kanye West needs himself, I need some reporters for next year.

Not only do you get paid for writing stories, but you also get invaluable experience working in the newspaper business, food and drinks provided by yours truly at our weekly staff meetings, and the chance to work in one of the best resume-boosting jobs that college students can find while getting your work published in a newspaper distributed to over 7,000 people. Not to mention sitting courtside at almost all CSU athletic events and travelling to cover quite a few games during the season. In this school year alone, Collegian sports reporters traveled to:

-Tuscaloosa, Ala. for the football team’s matchup against top-ranked Alabama

-Logan, Utah to cover the Utah-State/Colorado State football game

-Albuquerque, New Mexico for the 2013 Gildan New Mexico Bowl as well as the New-Mexico-Colorado State men’s basketball game at The Pit

-Laramie, Wyo…..okay maybe nobody really wants to go to Laramie that bad, but we did cover both men’s and women’s basketball as well as volleyball as they traveled to that windy hell-hole they call a town.

-And finally, less than three weeks ago, reporters, including myself spent six days in Las Vegas covering the Mountain West men’s and women’s basketball tournaments

I can attest to the fact that working at the Collegian is a fantastic opportunity. In just eight short months, I have made dozens of connections in the journalism business as well as improving my overall writing and time management skills. And unlike working at a pizza place, or the local Starbucks, our job provides valuable work experience that no amount of money can buy.

As it stands now, new reporters will likely be covering our record-setting volleyball team, our upstart women’s soccer program, as well as men’s and women’s basketball and a multitude of club sports that Colorado State offers.

If anything I’ve been mentioned above sounds like something interesting to you shoot me an email at keegan.pope21@gmail.com or call/text me at 970-988-9189. And if you work for some telemarketing company, please for the love of all things sports, do not give that information to them.

I look forward to hearing from you. And Godspeed as you try to avoid all the people trying to sell you stuff on campus.

Best Regards,

Keegan Pope