17 second miracle wins Blackhawks second Stanley Cup in four years

Chicago clinches the cup after a 17 second miracle in Boston.

English: Patrick Kane hoists the Stanley Cup w...
English: Patrick Kane hoists the Stanley Cup while Jonathan Toews holds the Conn-Smythe Trophy at the Blackhawks Victory parade in Chicago, Illinois. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

With 18:44, Bryan Bickell scored on a pass by  Jonathan Towes in front of the net. Towes beat Bruins captain Chara and allowed the Blackhawks to make it a 2-2 game just seconds before regular play concluded.

Not ready to give up hope on a game 6 victory on Boston’s home turf, Dave Bolland gave the Hawks the lead with 58.3 seconds left in the third period in an off the post goal.

Leading the Bruins 3-2, Chicago propelled from a 2-1 deficit to an outstanding come back victory.

Earlier in the game, the Bruins made the go-ahead goal on goalie Crawford in the third period. Causing poor vision in front of the net, the puck snuck around the right post, and ended up in the back of the Hakws net.

This win for Chicago proved to the fans, players and coaches that dedication pays off in a form of a silver cup: engraved with only the greats, and raised by the leaders of the NHL. For the second time in four years, the Stanley Cup returns home to the windy city after a year of history in the making.

For those of whom who only watch the highlights of games on ESPN, shame on you. This play off series for the Blackhawks not only put Chicago fans in a remote throwing and TV shouting mood, this series brought out the best of the best in all of NHL’s hockey lovers.

Trailing in round two: three games to one against the Detroit Red Wings. Chicago forced themselves in a MUST need three game win-streak situation. With every shot, skate and penalty, the Red Wings continued to push mistakes on the Blackhawks defense, and the ever powerful: Crawford. The Chicago offense pulled through with Sharp, Bickell and Kane firing strong and ultimately crushing the hopes  Detroit had of closing the series out in five games.

Chicago defeated the Red Wings in an over time win of 2-1 in game 7. Seabrook, number seven, delivered in game 7.

Not only did the Blackhawks have a comeback series in overtime against Detroit, but Chicago continued their extra period games against the 2012 Stanley Cup defending champions.

After leading the game, Chicago found themselves tied 3-3 in double over time. Risking a game six in Los Angeles, the Blackhawks snuck the puck into knock off the Kings, and moved one last step closer to hoisting the cup.

The Chicago Blackhawks have proven to the announcers, predictors, and the NHL that they are truly the best of the best. Making history since game one of the Stanley Cup Finals, Chicago has been the team to beat as each game supported Charles Darwin’s evolutionary theory: survival of the fittest.

Game one of the Stanley Cup Final’s marked the fifth longest game in history: each team playing over 100 minutes of play and three over times. The Bruins and Blackhawks set a bar at the beginning of the season to be win every-time they stepped onto the ice, as Game three and five were also over time wins.

Throughout the 2013 season, Chicago remained at the top of the division as well as the entire league. The Blackhawks only lost 12 games this season.

Despite what over sized announcers on the NBC network have to say about it, Chicago should have been the favored team from the start. Boston has star players and is statically better when it comes to performing on power play’s. But the Bruins can not compare to the veteran players Chicago has and always will have on the bench and on the ice.

Sports are about competition. The tension in the room between you and the TV, the light moisture you feel between your fingers when there is a minute and a half left in the game: and you are down one point. But most of all, sports are about those unbelievably amazing moments that brings fans across the world together in awe.

The 2013 playoffs have not been about how many teeth Bickell losses throughout the season or how many stitches Shaw received in game 6. The Stanley Cup is all about honoring the best of the entire NHL.

As of Monday night, a Congratulations goes out to Chicago and the entire Blackhawks nation.