Should concealed carry be allowed on CSU’s campus?

Opinions for:

Campus Carry should, without a doubt, continue. The Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States says, “A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.” Our right as America citizens to bear arms whether on or off campus, shall not be infringed upon.

Emily Faulkner, Senior

Here’s a shocker: I’ve carried a .357 magnum revolver to class everyday since I turned 21. Nobody has ever suspected a thing, nobody knows, and nobody has ever been hurt by it. On top of that, I know multiple people, including good friends of mine, that also carry to class. You’d be shocked if you knew how many people carry. And how many people have been hurt from it? I’ll wait.

-Anonymous, Senior

Opinion against:

How can more guns make us safe? The more guns there are, the less safe we are, period. What if some crazy person decides they don’t want to be a good guy one day and they just stand up in the middle of class and start shooting? Knowing there is a gun in my class would make me pay attention less and worry more.

-Anonymous, Sophomore

If someone carrying a concealed weapon tried to shoot a school shooter, they would probably just end up hitting more innocent bystanders. Stupid, stupid law.

Anonymous, Freshman

Next Week’s Topic (10/12): Election season is upon us. CampusView will now be oriented towards the election until November 8th.

That being said, would Donald Trump make a good president? Why or why not?