Cute reads for February

Happy Rabbit-Rabbit Day! (My mom always told me that if I say rabbit-rabbit before my feet touch the floor on the first day of the month, I’ll have good luck! I wonder where she learned that…)

February is upon us, which means we’ll be seeing lots of chocolates, roses, and pink-themed displays in the stores. I’ve always really loved Valentine’s Day. The fun colors, sugary treats, and love in the air all make me feel so giddy. To celebrate this year I’ll be going to see the 50 Shades movie with my closest girl-friend, and I’ll also be working my way through some of these cute love-themed novels. If you want to feel the love this February, just steal some ideas from my February to-be-read list. Summaries taken from Amazon.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

“Anna can’t wait for her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a good job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she’s not too thrilled when her father unexpectedly ships her off to boarding school in Paris – until she meets Etienne St. Clair, the perfect boy. The only problem? He’s taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her crush back home. Will a year of romantic near-misses end in the French kiss Anna awaits?”

Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

“Set over the course of one school year in 1986, this is the story of two star-crossed misfits—smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you’ll remember your own first love—and just how hard it pulled you under. ”

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

“Lola Nolan is a budding costume designer, and for her, the more outrageous, sparkly, and fun the outfit, the better. And everything is pretty perfect in her life (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. When Cricket, a gifted inventor, steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.”

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han 

“What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them…all at once?

Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her. They aren’t love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she’s written. One for every boy she’s ever loved—five in all. When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only. Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean’s love life goes from imaginary to out of control.”

Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins

“Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to confront the challenges every young couple must face, including family drama, uncertainty about their college futures, and the very real possibility of being apart.”

There they are! I’m especially excited about reading Rainbow Rowell’s novel. She has another that I really want to read as well– her books have been all over my book-themed Tumblr lately. So many good books, so little time. I’d better get started!

Have a wonderful week, CSU.

Natalie can be reached at blogs@collegian.com