How to Increase eCommerce Sales with SEO

With the development of the online shopping market, SEO has become a crucial factor in driving targeted traffic and increasing sales. Effective...

CSU Polo fast-paced low-priced fun

Colorado State University’s varsity men’s and women’s Polo teams won their matches on February 13 and 14.

The men’s team played University of Connecticut on Friday and won with a score of 22-13.

The women’s team played Southern Methodist University with home advantage in the B.W. Pickett arena on the foothills campus on Saturday afternoon. At halftime, CSU was ahead 8-5. By the end of the third chukker, they were up 13-6. A lot of fast-paced scoring runs up the arena, excellent blocking, and strong offense lead the CSU ladies to an overwhelming victory over SMU with a final score of 18-7.

CSU Women's Varsity Polo Team competes agains Southern Methodist University in a home match on February 14, 2015. Photo by Dixie Crowe.
CSU Women’s Varsity Polo Team competes agains Southern Methodist University in a home match on February 14, 2015. Photo by Dixie Crowe.

While the game of Polo may have a lot of unfamiliar terminology and rules of play for new spectators, the game is fast-paced and it’s easy to show your Ram pride. Unlike other equestrian sports, cheering is appropriate.

Tickets are $3 for students, $5 for adults and children are free. CSU Polo logo gear is available for purchase at the matches and also supports the team.

The next home match is Friday February, 20 at 7 p.m. at the B.W. Pickett Arena. The CSU women’s team will take on Skidmore College.

The equestrian center is located at 735 Overland Trail Drive. Parking is free.

Dixie can be reached at blogs@collegiancentral.com and on Twitter at @livestocklounge.