Ethnic cuisine in Fort Collins

As a senior who has lived here in Fort Collins for almost 4 years, I’ve gotten to try several restaurants around the area. I’d like to consider myself adventurous when it comes to food, especially ethnic cuisine, and Fort Collins has a wide variety to satisfy several tastes. Below is my complied list of top 3 current favorites. If you haven’t tried them yet, you should! Take a break from Qdoba once in a awhile.

Pad thai (ผัดไทย), served in Bangkok.
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Mt. Everest Cafe: If you love food from Nepal and Tibet, this is for you; it’s quite similar to Indian food. I love their rice, naan bread, tandoori chicken, and banana pankora. Plus, Mt. Everest Cafe has a buffet– what better way to sample different kinds of food (and eat 3 plates, am I right)? Oh, and I should mention that they will occasionally put coupons in the books we get bombarded with on campus, so put them to good use.

Simply Thai: After hearing rave reviews from a few of my friends, I ended up trying it and was HOOKED. Don’t let the fact that it is located in a strip mall scare you away– this place is awesome. They have lunch specials every day of the week, always print coupons, and honor 50% off student drinks with your ID. You can choose your level of spiciness and my roommate claims they have one of the best Pad Thai dishes. My personal favorite is the cashew chicken with brown rice.

Fatafeat: Yes, this is the place that just moved into the old Taco John’s on Elizabeth and City Park. My roommate and I ventured in here for lunch a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. The hummus is really fresh, along with tasty bread and crisp salads. We had a good lunch for a good price and I hope to return soon!

Hallie Gardner can be reached at blogs@collegian.com