Weather: Drier trend sets in Thursday

An afternoon downpour on Wednesday dropped 0.47 inches of rain near CSU – most of it fell within the span of an hour! Very cool temperatures, in the 40s, stuck around for the rest of the day.

Thursday, on the other hand, is forecast to be much drier. It will be cooler than normal again though. You’ll need a sweatshirt for most, if not all, of the day!

Slide1

Partly cloudy skies will be the theme through the afternoon. Rain is out of the forecast for Thursday, but a cold front will push through the region around 6:00 p.m. This front will make for quite a cool Thursday evening.

Slide1

If you have plans for your Thursday evening, you will need to bundle up a bit. Fall really is here now! Gone are the warm nights of summer! After 9:00 p.m. temperatures will fall into the 40s. Overnight, the low will be a chilly 38 degrees.

Slide1

Thursday and Friday will both be cooler than normal. Friday won’t even make it out of the 50s, very fall like indeed! A drier trend has settled in, and it’s not going anywhere fast. Warmth and sunshine are expected to return just in time for the weekend. High temperatures will steadily increase into next week. The next chance of rain won’t be back in the forecast for at least a week.

Slide1

Enjoy the warmth while we still have it! Winter is just around the corner!