Warm on Tuesday, tropical moisture arrives Thursday

Austin Harley

A week into October and temperatures are still nearing 80 degrees in Fort Collins! Although the mornings are fairly cool, the afternoons are getting pretty warm. Those bundled up for 8:00 a.m. classes may be sweating by 2:00 p.m., a typical fall day in Colorado. A few fair weather high clouds will be around during the day.

Slide1

Wednesday will feel much like Tuesday, but by Thursday you’ll notice some changes. As we enjoy sunny skies during the mid-week, moisture from Tropical Storm Simon will be impacting northern Mexico and Arizona. By Thursday, as indicated by the satellite map, that same rain-packed system is expected to arrive in Colorado.

Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 12.26.13 AM

Tuesday and Wednesday will feel quite pleasant. Highs will be about ten degrees above average. The leftover moisture from Simon should bring thunderstorms to Fort Collins by Thursday afternoon, which will hold temperatures in the 60s. Models have been pretty consistent in bringing the heaviest rainfall to the area through Thursday night and early Friday morning. Periodic rain showers and cool 50s will make Friday a perfect day for the rain boots and umbrella. The system should push out by Friday evening, and Saturday looks to quickly return to above normal temperatures!

Slide1

Happy Tuesday!