10 CSU Clubs You Didn’t Know Existed

Colorado State University Flag

With over 500 clubs at CSU it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Here are some clubs that might have escaped your notice.

1. Archery Club

Archery

Mission: “Archery Club is open to anyone who has an interest in archery. We plan on practicing at various archery ranges, both indoor and outdoor. People of all skill levels are welcome, including those without previous experience. Rental equipment is available, otherwise members are free to bring their own.”

Organization’s Primary Contact Phone Number: (580) 541-4892

2. Ballroom Dance Club (BDC)

Ballroom dancing

Mission: “The ballroom dance club is to serve CSU students, faculty or community to build a friendly environment to practice ballroom dances, including, but not restricted to International Latin,such as Cha-cha-cha, Rumba, Samba; International standard, such as Waltz,foxtrot;American Swing, Latin Salsa. It is the dance sport for all members involved.”

Organization’s Primary Contact Phone Number: (949) 295-0456

3. Brew Crew at CSU

Author John White Cropped version of :Image:Gr...

Mission: “To create a club for students with a passion for making craft beer, brewing science and an interest in the brewing industry as a career. The goal of the club is to have weekly meetings in which members can discuss topics centered on home brewing, brewing science, and the brewing industry present here in Fort Collins. This includes making our own craft beer, going on field trips all around Northern Colorado, sensory evaluating craft beer, and planning events open to the public.”

Organization’s Primary Contact Phone Number: (602) 881-0346

4. Community Cakes (Baking a Better World)

Anniversary Cakes

Mission: “We meet every month to try out a new recipe and then bring the product to a local non-profit or organization such as The Homeless Shelter, Respite Care, Elderhaus, The Children’s Hospital, etc. It’s a great way to build connections with your community, and give back through doing what you love, baking!”

Organization’s Primary Contact Phone Number: (303) 579-2001 or communitycakescsu@gmail.com

5. CSU Skydiving Club(Skydiving Club)

Skydiving - US military

Mission: “CSU Skydiving Club is a fun and extreme way to learn about and participate in the sport of skydiving. Whether you want to face your fears with a tandem or get certified to go solo, this is the place for you!”

Organization’s Primary Contact Phone Number: (303) 588-0863

6. CSU Synchronized Swimming (CSU Synchro)

Canadian synchronized swimming team, competing...

Mission: “The CSU synchronized swimming team aims to learn, perfect, and compete in the sport of synchronized swimming at the local, regional, and national levels. The fall semester is used to train, condition, and learn routines, while the spring semester is the competition season. CSU synchro competes in local competitions throughout Colorado and hosts a home meet on campus. Currently CSU is ranked 4th in the North Region and has qualified to compete at Collegiate Nationals and U.S Senior Nationals. The experience of the athletes on the team starts from beginners to 10+ years, all levels are welcome and encouraged to join. Go Rams!”

Organization’s Primary Contact Phone Number: (970) 618-6378

7. Harry Potter Alliance (HPA)

Harry Potter

Mission: “The Harry Potter Alliance (HPA) is a student organization that takes an outside-of-the-box approach to civic engagement by using parallels from the Harry Potter books to educate and mobilize young people across the world toward issues of literacy, equality, and human rights. Our mission is to empower our members to act like the heroes that they love by acting for a better world. By bringing together fans of blockbuster books, TV shows, movies, and YouTube celebrities we are harnessing the power of popular culture toward making our world a better place. Our goal is to make civic engagement exciting by channeling the entertainment-saturated facets of our culture toward mobilization for deep and lasting social change.”

Organization’s Primary Contact Phone Number: (719) 306-4418

8. Jousting Club at Colorado State University(Jousting Club)

Jousting at the Maryland Renaissance Festival.

Mission: “Jousting Club promotes equestrian light armor jousting in a way that is safe and fun. We work in an exciting environment to revive chivalry and create the best jousters in the world. Jousting Club will be focused on ‘light armor jousting’, where the goal is not to bear your opponent to the ground, merely to hit a bullseye accurately on your opponent’s shield. This version is akin to fencing on horseback, where skill is more important than strength. Jousting Club will also focus on medieval mounted games, which involve swordplay and spear throwing.”

Organization’s Primary Contact Phone Number: (720) 635-6853

9. Longboarding Club at Colorado State University(Longboarding Club)

English: Downhill longboarding example picture

Mission: “Join the Longboarding club at CSU if you want to meet and skate with people who share your love of longboarding. We go on weekly group skates and can help you learn that trick you’re trying to get down!”

Organization’s Primary Contact Phone Number: (970) 481-6138

10. Robotics at CSU (CSU Robotics)

LEGO Mindstorms

Mission: “A club for competitive, educational, and personal robots. At our meetings we do everything from lectures, to building robots, to AI tank wars. We have an assortment of projects from our complex ER1 robots to something as simple as Lego Mindstorms.”

Organization’s Primary Contact Phone Number: (207) 449-6804