Beauty Lover’s Gift Guide

Hey everyone, sorry I’ve been so M.I.A lately. School has just caught up with me and I had finals but now I’m off for winter break which means a lot more time to blog (and I promise I will get on a regular schedule!). I know it’s a little late, but I have a gift guide for you all today. Since I did a fashion lover’s gift guide last year, (click here) I wanted to do a beauty themed one. There have been a lot of cool, new products in the beauty industry this year (did I mention the Naked 3 palette?!) which is perfect for the holiday season, so check out my beauty picks!

1. A Clairsonic face brush. This is actually one of the things on my Christmas list this year. I have been told that this is one of the single things to actually splurge on and purchase during the course of your lifetime. It is supposed to clean your face at least 10 times better than using your hands. Since I’ve had problems with my skin, I think this would be a useful tool to keep my pores nice and clear. It comes in many different models, but the most basic and practical one is the Mia.

Clairsonic Mia, $125

2. Naked 3 palette (really any Naked palette). Urban Decay has done it again with another outstanding palette. The Naked 3 palette from Urban Decay features colors with rose gold undertones, given their rose gold packaging. I have the Naked 2 palette and LOVE it. The shadows are super pigmented and it gives you a great range of neutral colors to darker colors. A must have for any makeup guru.

Naked palettes (from top: 1, 2, 3), $52

3. Perfume. Whether it be a bottle of the perfume of their choice, or a sampler from Sephora, (both amazing choices!) perfume is a great gift for any girl or woman. Seeing as I began wearing perfume when I was about 14 (it was Viva La Juicy), no one is too young (or old) to find their signature scent. Like more than just perfume? Most perfumes come in gift sets with lotion and body wash, allowing for some options.

Sephora Fragrance Sampler for Her, $65

4. Beauty books. If you can’t already tell, I LOVE to read. Books, I feel like are the perfect gift for any one no matter what age. From gurus such as Alexa Chung or Lauren Conrad come some amazing beauty books. Most feature tips and tricks to do your makeup how to utilize your products and look for more practiced wearers. Plus, they make great coffee table books!

Beauty by Lauren Conrad

5. A brush set. It doesn’t matter where you get them or what brand they are (well, maybe brand does matter), brushes are a great gift. Whether it be Sonia Kashuk or something more expensive such as MAC, you can find brushes at any price point.

BH Cosmetics Ultimate Brush Set, $39.95

Hope this helps if you are stuck on what to get your beauty lover! Happy Christmas shopping!