What to do AFTER you carve your pumpkin

I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling the Halloween spirit.

And in the spirit of Halloween my roommate and I hosted a pumpkin carving party at our house last night. Needless to say we had a lot more pumpkin guts, seeds, and pieces of pumpkin then we could handle! We tried to pawn off most of the seeds on our friends who came to the party, but absolutely no one wanted the pumpkin guts. . .

Pumpkins, photographed in Canada.
Pumpkins, photographed in Canada. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

What’s up with that?

Anyways in the spirit of not throwing away you’re gross pumpkin guts after your carving party here are some awesome recipes from shine.yahoo.com!

One of the recipes that are apparently ‘beyond pumpkin pie’ listed in the article was a recipe for mini baked pumpkin pie spiced donuts with vanilla glaze.

Pumpkin Pie from a *real* pumpkin.
Pumpkin Pie from a *real* pumpkin. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Seriously where do people come up with this stuff, it’s really absurd but it sounds so good! Although this recipe doesn’t contain actual pumpkin guts or anything that has to do with an organic pumpkin, it still pretty seasonal.

Maybe you can like place a pumpkin next to the donuts and act like you made it out of the pumpkin. It’s up to you to try and be convincing, I can’t do all of your creative thinking for you.

Anyways, I suggest that you use these seasonal recipes to wow your family and friends with your amazing pumpkin baking skills.

Who doesn’t love making those slimy pumpkin guts into something delicious?