Person, dog killed in fatal Fort Collins structure fire

Upon responding to a structure fire on Monday evening, Poudre Fire Authority found one deceased person and one deceased dog inside the reported residence. They were the only occupants in the house during the fire, according to the City press release.

On Monday, May 6, PFA and the Fort Collins Police Services responders were dispatched at 10:05 p.m. to address a structure fire at 1601 North College Avenue.

The first engine arrived on scene at 10:09 p.m. and by 10:18 p.m., firefighters had extinguished the fire, according to the release.

PFA remained at the home afterward to control the heat and monitor the atmosphere of the room where the fire took place. They did so to maintain the integrity and safety of the scene for investigation, according to the release.

FCPS and PFA are now collaborating to determine the cause of the fire. The press release asks anyone with additional information to call Detective Moeller at 970-221-6563, if they have not already spoken with police.

The Larimer County Coroner’s Office will release the identity of the deceased and their cause and manner of death at a later time.

The authorities will not be releasing further information at this time.

Samantha Ye can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @samxye4.