Update: Arthur’s Rock wildfire fully contained

UPDATE: 11:50 a.m.:  According to the Poudre Fire Authority, the Arthur’s Rock Fire has been fully contained as of 9:15 p.m. Friday. There was no overnight growth on Friday in the Lory State Park, west of Fort Collins. 

PFA resources have returned to mop up or, to reduce residual smoke and make the area safe, this morning.

There may be smoke still in the area, but people are asked to refrain from calling 911 to report it because the situation is under control. 

As of 8:20 a.m. Saturday morning, Incident Command and Larimer County Emergency Services Ppecialist Tony Simons said he is not sure exactly when the fire would be completely extinguished because the situation depends on today’s activities.  

For tips on wildfire safety information, visit their website.

UPDATE: 8:54 p.m.: The Poudre Fire Authority has said that the cause of the fire is unknown. A correction has been made to the original story.

UPDATE 7:25 p.m.: Fire is 10 percent contained according to the Poudre Fire Authority.

UPDATE 7:04 p.m.: The official name is the Arthur’s Rock Fire according to the Poudre Fire Authority.

UPDATE 6:33 p.m.: According to the Poudre Fire Authority, the fire is approximately one half to one acre in size. It is under control and no evacuations will be made at this point. 

Two wildfires started west of Fort Collins Friday. (Photo courtesy Poudre Fire Authority)

Original: The Poudre Fire Authority and Loveland Fire Rescue are currently responding to two wild fires west of Fort Collins reported around 4:30 p.m. on Friday.

The fires are located near Arthurs Rock west of Horsetooth Reservoir, and in the Bobcat Ridge Natural Area, southwest of Masonville.

The Poudre Fire Authority has requested for people not to call 911 because the dispatch is overloaded and they are responding to the situation.

The story will continue to be updated as new information is released. 

Collegian Reporter Israa Eldeiry can be reached at news@collegian.com or via Twitter @IsraaEldeiry.