Ghostbusters star Leslie Jones to perform stand-up in LSC Friday

Leslie Jones plays a subway worker who becomes a Ghostbuster in the forthcoming sequel to the classic cult movie (Photo Courtesy SOURCE)
Leslie Jones plays a subway worker who becomes a Ghostbuster in the forthcoming sequel to the classic cult movie. (Photo Courtesy SOURCE)

UPDATE: This event has been cancelled due to the campus closure. According to RamEvents, it will be rescheduled for a future date. Ticket-holders are encouraged to hold onto their tickets as they will still be valid at the rescheduled performance.

Original article;

Star of “Saturday Night Live” and the upcoming “Ghostbusters” sequel, Leslie Jones will be coming back to her home turf of Colorado State University Wednesday to perform a stand-up routine that will be free for students and $15 for non-students.

The comedian is an alumna of CSU, but it didn’t start out that way. She began her college career at Chapman University, where she played basketball and changed majors frequently, even being a radio DJ at one point. Jones transferred to CSU after her coach relocated to coach at CSU. 

According to her biography on her site, “Leslie didn’t care what college she was going to.  Anything to get out of the house.  Leslie wanted to be able to go to the refrigerator and eat whenever and whatever she wanted.”

After she entered the comedy competition “Funniest Person on Campus,” she found her true calling, left school and moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career in comedy.

Tickets to the stand-up show are required and can be found online at CSUtix.com or in the LSC box office. The show will be held in the LSC theatre.

Collegian Assistant News Editor Erik Petrovich can be reached at news@collegian.com or via Twitter @EAPetrovich.