Rocky Mountain Collegian wins Columbia Scholastic Press Association Gold Crown award

The Rocky Mountain Collegian took home the gold in the Columbia Scholastic Press Association’s annual student media awards.
The Colorado State University student-run Collegian received a CSPA Gold Crown award for the 2013-2014 school year in the hybrid category, which includes publications that have both a print product and a website. Approximately 1,200 publications, including yearbooks, were eligible for the competition. Twenty-three publications received Gold Crown awards.
This is the first time since 2012 that the Rocky Mountain Student Media Corporation won a Gold Crown award. In that year, both Collegian.com and College Avenue won for that category. The last two years the Collegian won Silver Crown awards in the hybrid category.
Executive Editor Kate Winkle said she is extremely proud of the Collegian‘s former and current staff.
“None of this would have been possible without an amazing, hard-working team,” Winkle said. “It’s our privilege to serve the Colorado State University campus and community. I know we will continue to work to be even better in the years to come and find new ways to reach and serve our readers, visitors and viewers.”
The Collegian staff can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @CollegianC.