The Importance of Supporting Engineering Education

In today's era of information technology, engineering plays the role of a vanguard, trying to optimize processes and develop new products, making...

Competitive kayaker Emily Jackson takes unborn baby along for the ride

Emily Jackson kayaks with  Ruth Gordon and Amanda Marusich at the Reno River Festival. Courtesy of Reno Tahoe, flickr.com.
Emily Jackson kayaks with Ruth Gordon and Amanda Marusich at the Reno River Festival. Courtesy of Reno Tahoe, flickr.com.

How many kids can say their mom competed in seven (and won two) competitive kayaking events? Emily Jackson’s future baby will have that unique opportunity, according to GearJunkie.com. At 9 months pregnant, the 23-year-old athlete, of Rock Island, Tenn., is making history in the world of sports and moms-to-be.

“Over the course of her pregnancy Emily has competed in seven events and won two of them. She took first place last weekend at the Payette River Games in Idaho, beating reigning World Champion Claire Ohara of England,” the article states.

Jackson also competed at the GoPro Mountain Games in Vail earlier this month. Her due date is July 19. For more, read the article here.