Experience Seed & Smith’s grow facility tour

Follow tour guide Michael Meury on a Wonka-esque cannabis experience.

Collegian | Tri Duong

Cannabis plants in the vegetation room at Seed & Smith cannabis grower and dispensary in Denver Feb. 26.

Hayden Hawley and Tri Duong

• Michael Meury, Seed & Smith tour guide, explains that coco peat is more efficient and organic than soil at Seed & Smith in Denver Feb. 26. The nonsoil mixture contains coconut husks, perlite and organic forest materials.

Collegian | Tri Duong
  • Cannabis plants in the vegetation room at Seed & Smith in Denver Feb. 26. Growers keep the room at 78 degrees Fahrenheit, 60% relative humidity and with 18 hours of daily light exposure.

Collegian | Tri Duong
  • The Seed & Smith tour guide shows a nonsoil mixture that replicates a hydroponic system for use in plant growth at Seed & Smith in Denver Feb. 26.

Collegian | Tri Duong
  • Lemon Stallion sativa, a strain of cannabis, grows in the vegetation room at Seed & Smith in Denver Feb. 26. These small clones were planted less than three days before the tour.

Collegian | Tri Duong
  • Cannabis pots with a yellow tag indicate medical flower at Seed & Smith in Denver Feb. 26. The vegetation room was also growing Super Sour Lemon, Purple Punch and Mob Boss.

Collegian | Tri Duong
  • Hayden Hawley’s world lights up as the curtains open on the Bloom Room at Seed & Smith in Denver Feb. 26. The tour guide played the Halo theme song as the curtains opened.

Collegian | Tri Duong
  • Purple Punch indica cannabis plants at Seed & Smith in Denver Feb. 26. The orange tint is the actual color of the room due to the high-pressure sodium bulbs used for light exposure.

Collegian | Tri Duong
  • Cannabis flower buds in the Bloom Room of Seed & Smith in Denver Feb. 26. The production yields about 100-135 pounds of cannabis flower per room.

Collegian | Tri Duong
  • Cannabis plants at Seed & Smith in Denver Feb. 26.

Collegian | Tri Duong
  • The Bloom Room at Seed & Smith in Denver Feb. 26. On day 21, employees come in and skirt the plants. “Cutting the bottom portion (of the plant) early on truly does help the yield,” tour guide Michael Meury said.

Collegian | Tri Duong
  • Michael Meury, tour guide, holds a plate of cannabis concentrate at Seed & Smith in Denver Feb. 26. “Anything that’s ‘live’ that you see on the menu — the day of harvest, we chop down that plant, and we immediately flash-freeze it,” Meury said. “So this is gonna be more flavorful because it’s like plucking a blueberry at peak ripeness and freezing it. It’s gonna preserve that flavor.”

Collegian | Tri Duong
  • Cases and boxes for cannabis products in the packaging room at Seed & Smith in Denver Feb. 26. Michael Meury informed us that “every gram” of Seed & Smith cannabis is packaged in this room or its adjacent twin. “These have the biggest margins of any product as well, so I really do say it’s a modern-day gold rush in Colorado,” Meury said.

Collegian | Tri Duong