Horoscopes 10/22/2020: What you can expect this Scorpio season

Dear Scorpio placements,

You’re not as scary or edgy as the general public says you are. Rather, you wear your resilience on your sleeves. The honest truth is that people are more afraid of what you can survive over what you can do to them.

This is not to say you’re not destructive. I haven’t met a single Scorpio placement, particularly Scorpio moons, who don’t thrive in chaos. In some ways, you need something you can rebuild into something better. Sometimes y’all just have a hard time channeling your destructive tendencies into something productive.

At your best, you’re the embodiment of healing. You have the ability to not only survive the worst but also turn any negative into a positive. Scorpio placements show us that in order to grow, we must make meaning out of our most painful experiences. We must honor them, let them transform us and accept what we cannot control. When life breaks us, Scorpio placements show us that we must rebuild ourselves into something stronger.

At your worst, you’re just a big ball of trust issues and resentment — the type that will hold a grudge on someone because your trust issues said so. You have no problems bringing others down with you, which is also why people fear you. Nonetheless, when you’re not self sabotaging yourself and everyone in your path, you offer rich intuitive experiences. 

This Scorpio season will be all about rebuilding and healing ourselves. The sun enters Scorpio Oct. 22 and will stay there until Nov. 21st. Mercury will leave retrograde Nov. 3 and Mars will leave retrograde Nov. 13. You’ll finally have the time to reflect on what these retrogrades meant for you and the areas of your life you need to transform. 

Nothing is ever easy, so thank you, Scorpio placements, for your tenacity and strength in reminding us that life isn’t supposed to be easy, nor is it supposed to be a constant state of dread. There is light at the end of the tunnel, but first, we must shine light on the darkest parts of our souls. 

With love,

Your favorite Libra Sun 

Horoscopes can be applied to your Sun, Moon and Rising signs. As with all horoscopes take what you need and leave what you don’t. 

(Illustration by Amy Noble, Rachel Macias, Katrina Clasen | The Collegian)

ARIES (March 21-April 19) The insecurity you’re feeling is irrational but still valid. You need to get to the root of the problem. It’s time to be honest with yourself.

TAURUS (April 20-May 20) You’ve done all that you can to be successful. Now you must surrender by letting your work speak for itself. What’s meant to be will happen. Surrender your need to micromanage. 

GEMINI (May 21-June 20) It’s time to get real about what you want. Your indecision will be your downfall if you let it. Use this time to explore your identity and how you ended up where you are today.

CANCER (June 21-July 22) Things aren’t going the way you want because you ignored your intuition. You hoped that by listening to logic, things would just work out. You know better than that. Your intuition is your strongest trait. Embrace it.

LEO (July 23-Aug. 22) What are the roots of your self-esteem issues? Accept that you’re never going to be perfect. The essence of your identity is your perseverance, not your perfectionism.

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22) Your peers don’t give you enough credit for being cutthroat. Embrace your sharpness by standing up for yourself and what you believe in. You’re more of a leader than you give yourself credit for. 

LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22) You’re stirring the pot once again. What’s up with your need to always be right? Are you actually gaining anything out of it, or are you just loud and wrong? Sometimes the truth lies somewhere between the binary of right and wrong. 

SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21) This is your time to shine. Like scorpions, you glow in the dark; however, during the day, you need to let go of trust issues and accept vulnerability. Your intuition will keep you safe. 

SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21) You’re worth so much more than the resentment you carry in your heart. Be real with yourself and your painful experiences. You didn’t deserve your painful experiences, but it’s your job to heal from them. 

CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19) You’re avoiding the situation out of fear. You’re the only one with the ability to change the situation for the better. It will be a painful decision, but it’s a much-needed call to action. 

AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18) This is a time to break down the barriers that hold you back. Out of everybody, you have the least trouble with calling out the bullsh*t that plagues our lives. Turn this inward, and be real with the ways you hold yourself back. 

PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20) Self-love is a commitment to yourself. It means accepting yourself at your worst, advocating for your needs and protecting your energy. Commit to yourself. Nobody else is going to love you the way you can love yourself. 

Jorge Espinoza can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @jorgespinoza14.