Jamtronica fans to dance the night away for lespecial

If the midterm blues have you down, perhaps dancing the night away at the Aggie Theatre will help. 

Local group 3420 and jamtronica favorite lespecial will grace the Aggie’s stage Nov. 17. The show will be an absolute smorgasbord of musical genres and cultural styles. The Aggie will be the 19th stop for lespecial’s 34-show fall tour, following shows in Denver and Steamboat Springs.

Jamtronica, funk fusion, future groove, progressive rock — call it what you will, but these styles of music are becoming increasingly popular in the local and national music scene. At their base, these genres just require a guitar, bass and drums, but it’s also important to have a computer that is generally used for live sampling. The jams are extended and largely improvised.

Recently, 3420 and other local groups like Skydyed and Night Champ have burst onto the scene and exemplify this sound in every way. It only makes sense that the powerhouse of this sound, lespecial, would invite a local group to open for them at this show.

Tickets can be purchased online or at the door on the day of the show. For more information, visit aggietheatre.ticketforce.com/eventperformances 

Lespecial isn’t a local group, but they are committed to putting local groups on the map after they ascended to their own level of notoriety. The band is East Coast based, hailing from Connecticut, but they now consider themselves out of Boston. 

3420 is still on the heels of their first EP, released earlier this year, they but have assured fans on social media that more music is on the way. New music is also highly anticipated from lespecial in the near future, as they haven’t released anything since their Magnum Opus album “cheen” came out in 2017.

Lespecial will open for Pigeons Playing Ping Pong at the Ogden on Nov. 15 and will headline the Old Town Pub in Steamboat Springs on Nov. 16. 3420 has not established a touring schedule yet, but they will be playing local venues on a regular basis in the coming months.

Tickets can be purchased online or at the door on the day of the show. For more information, visit aggietheatre.ticketforce.com/eventperformances. 

Matt Davis can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @MattDavis27