Pick-up lines for single science majors

<div style=”position:relative; padding-bottom:56.25%; overflow:hidden;”><iframe src=”https://content.jwplatform.com/players/Pd9uRabb-fhNC7bFQ.html” width=”100%” height=”100%” frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”auto” allowfullscreen style=”position:absolute;”></iframe></div>
<p>Video by Erica Giesenhagen</p>

We all know that feeling when the oxytocin courses through your brain when you see that special someone. For those awkward individuals, it can make trying to ask that person extremely difficult. Something that can make this oxytocin rush even worse is when that person is a science major. If your special someone says scary words like “flux” or “polarity,” these pick- up lines might be work well for you.

Photo courtesy of Lenore Edman via Flickr

These pick-up lines are specifically tailored for those science majors that do not really have time for a relationship, but end up finding time for one anyways. These pick-up lines can also be used on your friends, if you are looking for a study partner to cram for your next exam with on the evening of a random Wednesday.

Pick-up lines for physicists:

• Excuse me, but I’m really attracted to you and by Newton’s laws of gravitation, you’re attracted to me too.
  • I might be a physics major, but I’m no Bohr on a date.
  • If you were a laser, you’d be set on stunning. 

Pick-up lines for chemists:

• I wish your name was Avogadro, because then I would already have your number.
  • Do you have 11 protons? Cause your sodium fine.
  • Forget hydrogen, you’re my number one element

Pick-up lines for biologists:

• You must be a red blood cell because you take the oxygen away from my lungs and straight to my heart.
  • Whenever I’m near you, I undergo anaerobic respiration because you take my breath away.
  • Are you my Appendix, cause I have a gut feeling I should take you out.

Pick-up lines for mathematicians:

• I heard you like roses, so here’s a polar coordinate graph of r=1+cos(theta).
  • You fascinate me more than the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus.
  • My love for you is a monotonically increasing unbounded function.

datingforscientists.com is a dating site dedicated to “single science geeks” looking for dates.

Other science pick-up lines:

• You’re so hot, you must be the cause for global warming.
  • If you were Anatomy, then I’d be Physiology because they always go together.
  • Are you a scientist? Because I lab you.

If your special someone appreciates science and horrible puns, these pick-up lines might just be the thing you need to score that Valentine’s day date. Share the love, share the pickup lines, and share your Valentines day with someone special. Whether that special person buys you dinner or answers your differential equations questions, have a happy Valentine’s day.

Collegian reporter Julia Trowbridge can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on twitter @chapin_jules.