Six must-do’s before October is Oct-over

English: Candy corn, specifically Brach's cand...

Sure, we’re only two weeks in, but that means October is half gone. While it’s totally appropriate to celebrate Halloween all month long — or all summer, if you’re a department store — the moment the calendar flips to November, it’s just weird. This makes it all the more critical that you get your spook on while you still can.

Haunted houses and corn mazes

Are they scary? Usually, no. Are they fun? If you bring friends, you antisocial idiot. Notable favorites include the Fritzler Corn Maze and the Northern Colorado Corn Maze. Something From the Farm will not have their usual maze due to a dearth of water in the spring, but you can still stop by for pumpkins!

Costume party

While trick-or-treating is for the young and/or shamefully awkward, costumes are still a thing that can be fun. The costumes don’t need to be good, either; there’s a lot of fun to be had laughing at really abysmal attire.

There’s always a couple of costume parties out there, and if there aren’t that means it’s up to you to plan one. It’s not hard; you just need some fake cobwebs, friends in costume and booze. Or a delightful bowl of fruit punch and Sprite, for all you rascally under-21s.

Fort Collins Ghost Tour

They’re available all year long, but Fort Collins Ghost Tours are especially popular this month. A guide will take you into and under historic (and haunted) buildings of Old Town and tell you all about the local lore and ghost sightings. There’s three options: family-friendly, regular flavor and Late Night Deathmatch Ghost Fight (not what it’s actually called, it’s just a late night spin on the usual ghost tour.) See hauntedfortcollins.com for more information.

Mystery of CSU History Tour

For something even closer to home, you can take the Mystery of CSU History Tour and learn about the scary secrets of the oldest buildings on campus around the Oval. To get in on this, you RSVP to RamTrax@colostate.edu with the number of people in your party and the date and time you’ll be attending. It’s first come first served, and limited to 20 people. And it’s free. The tours are Oct. 25, Oct. 29 and Oct. 30 at 5 p.m., as well as Oct. 31 at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.

Pumpkin party

Yeah okay, so you’re sick of hearing about Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I don’t even care. Even if you’re over this particular beverage and its non-copyright-infringing counterparts, there’s about a million other things to do with pumpkins, including carving them, roasting and eating their seeds, pumpkin pie (that one’ll stick around for November, too)… heck, half of those million aforementioned things are food.

Clichés

Jump in a pile of leaves, drink apple cider, eat a single candy corn, remember candy corn are gross and stop eating them, eat a ton of Reese’s instead, make caramel apples, decorate your house, apartment or dorm, watch scary movies and have fun.

Post-October

Discount Halloween candy!

Entertainment Editor Em Kribs can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com.