Meet the editor: Amy Noble, design director

Amy Noble is the current design director for The Collegian and is a fourth-year honors student majoring in art and concentrating in graphic design with a double minor in business administration and real estate.

This will be her third year working on the design desk at The Collegian after starting as a page designer in 2018 and moving up to design editor in 2019. She is now extremely excited to be leading her desk as the director alongside her incredible new team of designers.

Amy is originally from England and moved to the U.S. to begin her college journey in 2017, and she couldn’t be happier with her choice to attend Colorado State University.

Her passion for design has only strengthened from the opportunities she has gained here, and working for The Collegian has driven her long-term career goals towards publication design. Her dream job is to work as the creative director of a large publication like Vogue, The Washington Post or The New York Times, all of which she has already built some connections with in hopes to gain an internship when she graduates in May 2021.

When the “design Queen” — a nickname coined by the previous editor-in-chief and managing editor — is not doing something design related, she is usually spending time with friends, drinking coffee, basking in the glory of being British or anxiously waiting for the ski season to begin again.

“(Noble’s) dream job is to work as the creative director of a large publication like Vogue, The Washington Post, or The New York Times.”

Through her experience, skills and ever-growing enthusiasm about publication design, Noble is delighted to serve as the design director this year, and after a summer-long project working on a redesign, she can’t wait to show her readers what new things she has in mind for The Collegian.

Amy Noble can be reached at design@collegian.com or on Instagram @amy.noble.art.