“Rocky Horror Show” rocks the Fort Collins Lincoln Center (let’s have a toast!)

For a night of rock ‘n’ roll and crazy characters, swing by the Lincoln Center to hang out with Brad, Janet and Dr. Frank N’ Furter.

The Open Stage Theatre Company presents their take on “The Rocky Horror Show” weekends now through Nov. 24, with several special nights including “Fab Friday” this weekend and a late night double feature Nov. 9.

“Fab Friday” features lower priced tickets at $14 and everyone in attendance who is older than 21 receives a free beer from Odell Brewing Co. during intermission, according to director Emelie Borello,

“It gives some people an opportunity to come to the show that may not be able to afford it at regular prices,” Borello said.

Students can purchase discounted tickets of $18 to $22 for all other show nights as well.

“The Rocky Horror Show” returns to Fort Collins this year as part of Open Stage’s 40th anniversary. The company put out a list of all the shows they have produced in the past and asked patrons to vote on their favorites.

“The top six shows were selected to come back and run again and ‘Rocky Horror’ was number two on that list,” Borello said.

According to Borello, the cast is very interactive with the audience throughout the show, which is for mature audiences only. Attendees are encouraged to dress up in “Rocky Horror”-related costumes, or any other costume they want.

“This camp parody of science fiction and horror films bursts at the seams with the toe-tapping, pelvis-thrusting favorites of ‘Sweet Transvestite’, ‘Damn It Janet’ and of course, ‘Time Warp’,” the Open Stage website reads. “Dig out your stilettos and come ready for a night of bad ass, rock ‘n’ roll insanity!”

“It’s not like any other play you’re going to go see,” Borello said. “It’s really fun and interactive, it’s very youthful in its energy overall.”

The show, called “one of the most mutated, time warped phenomena in show business” by the New York Times, is the basis for the 1975 cult classic movie, “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.”

“If (students) have seen the movie they will love the live show,” Borello said. “And even if they haven’t seen the movie — or didn’t like the movie — they may still really love the live show. It’s got a different feel to it.”

Tickets and more information are available at www.openstagetheatre.org.