The Career Paths Available For Those Who Pursue Cannabis Degrees

Sponsored Content:

The marijuana industry has evolved exponentially over the past couple of years, thanks to the increased level of research and information available. As a result of recognizing the plants’ benefits in recreational and medicinal purposes, more governments have legalized its’ usage. This new reality has led to the creation of several opportunities in the rapidly innovative multi-billion dollar industry.

Those who pursue cannabis degrees have numerous career paths, as several job opportunities continue to crop up. The great news is that most of the jobs available are top-paying positions as the industry continues to earn respect worldwide. If you are considering or already pursuing a cannabis degree, read on to find out the different career paths available for you.

Why pursue a cannabis degree?

The first thing you should realize is that marijuana is no longer a secret and shady dealer’s job. The change in people’s attitude towards the plant and the drastic legal changes in hemp growing has made the industry a remarkable business opportunity. it stands now, more jobs in the business have come up with a broad array of positions available requiring trained skills. Ranging from cannabis extraction technicians, hemp chefs, grow masters, cannabis consultants, and dispensary operators, they all newfound opportunities with excellent earning potential.

What is hemp?

Before you go further, you need to understand the planting, harvesting, processing, and harvesting of hemp, also known as industrial hemp. Hemp is a variety of the cannabis Sativa species that belong to the marijuana plant. The thing that sets hemp apart from its marijuana family is its low THC level. The THC component results in the high-feel associated with marijuana. The recent laws have legalized the growing of hemp as long as the THC levels do no go beyond the legal boundary. Below we take an in-depth look into the growth, harvesting, and extraction of the hemp plant.

Hemp growing

If you wish to grow hemp, the first is that you need to be in a state where the plant is legal. The best area for growing hemp plants are warm environments. The process requires hard work, significantly when growing for commercial purposes. However, the results of a carefully planned hemp farm can be an enormous profit margin.

Hemp harvesting

Before you begin the harvesting process, you should consider whether you are harvesting the hemp for industrial or medicinal purposes. It’s advisable to harvest on days with low humidity without precipitate. Many CBD farmers are making a lot of money by selling their CBD to processing companies. They are yet to keep up with the demand of the remarkable hemp material.

• Industrial harvesting– This method utilizes various innovative and specialized harvesting equipment such as the combined harvester. The machine help cut off the base of the hemp plant. They also cut off the flower head for easy seed /flower processing and separate the stalk for processing fiber.
  • Medical hemp harvesting– On the other hand, medicinal hemp requires high CBD levels and is usually hand-harvested. It ensures clean and intact flower heads that undisrupted resin-rich trichomes.

Hemp Drying

Hemp drying is an essential aspect after post-harvest because it’s the key determinant to the product’s ultimate quality. Quick and clean drying with the least possible tampering leads to high-quality medicine and er product from the hemp harvest. On the other hand, harvesting hemp when it’s too wet, dry it slowly, improper ventilation, or contamination during the harvest or drying processing leads to spoiled harvest and unsuitable for food and medicine production.

There are various drying ways, either in a sterile lab facility or an open barn. The critical factor in the method should be space and enough airflow to reduce moisture build-up chances. If you choose to dry your hemp in a barn, snipping branches from the plant and drying them ensures quick-drying and less product loss. The time required for the plant to dry will rely on the airflow, temperature, and plant size.

Hemp Processing

Hemp processing companies offer state-of-the-art facilities for processing, storage, and manufacturing. Whether for its parts or whole crop, it is the immediate processing of dried or wet hemp material that results in a considerable number of highly beneficial products. New operators in the growing hemp industry may not have the required infrastructure and equipment to deliver quality products. This is where hemp processing company comes in with various new equipment and technologies for processing hemp.

Extraction of palletized hemp biomass

After hemp-processing and separating the CBD from the seed and fiber crop, you can extract the plant material waste for palletization in a separate facility. This waste product is known as palletized hemp biomass, and it has numerous uses such as bedding, animal feed, or an absorbent.

Top Marijuana Career paths

The great news is that with a cannabis degree, you have more than a few career paths through which you can shine. Below we look at some of the areas that you may find a career choice to suit you.

Cannabis Extraction Technician

The extraction of cannabis components is a delicate process that requires a lot of expertise and precision. A cannabis extraction technician can earn a lot of money by providing professional skills in extracting the cannabinoids that consumers seek for their therapeutic benefits. The process requires adequate scientific knowledge acquired from various cannabis degrees.

Grow master

The demand for high-quality cannabis plants is still at its peak. A successful grow master can make an excellent salary through proper growth and management.

Marijuana Edibles Chef

Producing quality marijuana edibles calls for more than the ability to cook. This venture’s success needs a proper understanding of the marijuana-infused quantities and quality in the food. The reason is that the edibles need to produce the desired pleasures while remaining within the legal confinement. With a cannabis degree, a chef can use cannabis components to contort anything they want.

Cannabis consultant

Consultation is a high earning career path where consultants provide expert advice on marijuana. They can help businesses find a good location, get a license, and deal with various legal matters.

Conclusion

The marijuana industry is here to stay. Cannabis degrees relating to management, science, and even accounting can help set you in a lucrative career path. With such a boom in Marijuana jobs, it’s the perfect time to use your cannabis knowledge to create awareness of its numerous benefits.