Five pieces you want in your wardrobe

Classes have begun, which means fall and winter are fast approaching, so you need to have the best pieces in your wardrobe to keep you warm for those chilly walks to class.

“The key, we’ve discovered, with CSU students is they love fashion but we have to keep it pretty simple because not only are we talking about students with limited space, but they also want to be able to wear their favorite pieces longer,” said Brittany Hughes, a GG Boutique sales associate.

For women and men each, here are five pieces to get this season.

Ladies

Maxi dress– According to GG Boutique sales Associate Payton Gifford, a fall colored maxi dress with some playful detail offers a lot of creative options for colder days.

“You can throw a jacket over it,” Gifford said. “And you can still wear boots or little booties.”

Romper- A romper can switch from summer to fall. Gifford says this look is unexpected, but you can pair it with tights and flats or boots.

Leather jacket- This is a very functional piece. A leather jacket can be paired with pretty much anything in your wardrobe.

“[This leather jacket] unzips into a vest,” Hughes said. “You can wear it on the warmer days or on the colder days, which, as we know living in Colorado, could be any day.”

A good sweater- “This is the sweater you can wear with every basic you own and look fabulous,” Gifford said.

CSU fashion– Instead of buying a one-time-wear game day T-shirt, Gifford and Hughes suggest buying an item that can be worn to every occasion. A green, fashion-forward tank can be worn to work and a CSU game.

Men

Slim fit denim jeans- According to Express Store Manager Danielle Daher, the slim fit style is a huge staple for men this fall and winter. This is a more tailored look that will also transfer over to tops.

Dress shirt- A button-down dress shirt can be dressed up or down. You can wear it to class or for a night out.

“Our 1MX shirt, which is like our signature dress shirt, is our number one item for this season,” Daher said.

Graphic tee- Graphic tees are a nice casual style that easily switches from summer to fall.

Hoodie- “We have amazing hoodies,” Daher said. “We had them last year and they were brought back this year in more colors.”

Layers- Layering is big in menswear this season. The slim fit jeans, dress shirt, graphic tee and hoodie are all basics that can be worn in many different combinations.

College Avenue reporter Kendall Greenwood can be reached at collegeavenue@collegian.com.