Failing Your Entire Class

Teacher teaching students

There are many classes on campus that have a bad rep because they are hard to pass, but surely none are this bad. This teacher failed the entire class because he didn’t like their behavior. 

“Irwin Horwitz had had enough. His students, he thought, weren’t performing well academically and they were being disruptive, rude and dishonest. So he sent the students in his strategic management class an email:

“Since teaching this course, I have caught and seen cheating, been told to ‘chill out,’ ‘get out of my space,’ ‘go back and teach,’ [been] called a ‘fucking moron’ to my face, [had] one student cheat by signing in for another, one student not showing up but claiming they did, listened to many hurtful and untrue rumors about myself and others, been caught between fights between students….”

Horwitz said he would fail every single student. “None of you, in my opinion, given the behavior in this class, deserve to pass, or graduate to become an Aggie, as you do not in any way embody the honor that the university holds graduates should have within their personal character. It is thus for these reasons why I am officially walking away from this course. I am frankly and completely disgusted. You all lack the honor and maturity to live up to the standards that Texas A&M holds, and the competence and/or desire to do the quality work necessary to pass the course just on a grade level…. I will no longer be teaching the course, and all are being awarded a failing grade.””

To read more, click here.