The Importance of Supporting Engineering Education

In today's era of information technology, engineering plays the role of a vanguard, trying to optimize processes and develop new products, making...

Correct punctuation preventing suicide

(source)
(source)

What originally started as a discussion on Facebook and Tumblr spread to tattoo parlors across the country. The idea of using a semi-colon as an alternative to a period in the suicide discussion to symbolize a pause, not an end, to a life has caught on as a way to show support for suicide prevention, according to Alibi.com. 

According to the article:

These tattoos allow people to discuss something that needs to be discussed, and they create a living, shifting, local archipelago of caring people. See someone with a semicolon tattoo, and it’s somewhat safe to assume you could talk to that person and find in them a degree of sympathy and understanding.

The author of the article on Alibi.com has suffered through multiple family members committing suicide, and, despite skepticism, believes that fundraisers at tattoo shops to get these tattoos to be of great value to society.

To read the rest of this article click here.