The Importance of Supporting Engineering Education

In today's era of information technology, engineering plays the role of a vanguard, trying to optimize processes and develop new products, making...

Steps to ensure safe piercings

(source)
(source)

Getting new body art comes with a lot of decisions: when, what, how and where. While all four hold important, the details of where can greatly impact the quality of the piercing both during and after a visit to a shop, according to an NYU Local article. 

Nurse Gail Ingram, NYU’s Local health columnist, advises that customers looking to get piercings done not only consult the Department of Health and the Association of Professional Piercers, but also visit shops for themselves to evaluate their safety.

“It is very important to prevent infection by properly preparing the skin at the site of the piercing,” Ingram wrote. “Skin is a barrier that protects us from germs—germs on everyday objects, germs that float around in the air and germs that live on the surface of our skin.”

To read more about the safety measures to take when getting a piercing click here.