Alternative Questions for 21st Century Women

Jennifer Aniston and Steve Zahn on the Red Car...
Jennifer Aniston and Steve Zahn on the Red Carpet for the tiff 08 premiere of Management at Isabel Bader Theater Check out more great Tiff photos and video at: www.tiff.shovine.com (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

It’s 2015, we are all tired of hearing where you got your dress to walk on the red carpet. Enough is enough. If you want to ask Oscar nominees some questions to the norm, avoid any and all of these, especially those that refer to “alternative lifestyles”. 

“This ridicule-tinged sentiment is one many women who don’t have children have heard before. But it doesn’t align with today’s reality, as evidenced by the rising rate of voluntarily childless women and the actual opinions of the parties involved. And yet childless women, from stars like Oprah Winfrey, Cameron Diaz and Condoleezza Rice to your average female millennials, still face scrutiny, and not only from religious figures. The media continues to relentlessly trespass on what is or isn’t happening in a woman’s womb. As Jennifer Aniston, the ultimate symbol of obsessive baby speculation, told People, “I just find it to be energy that is unnecessary and not really fair for those who may or may not [have children]. Who knows what the reason is, why people aren’t having kids. There’s a lot of reasons that could be, and maybe it’s something that no one wants to discuss.””

To read the whole article, click here.