Flower Power Botanicals in Fort Collins Celebrates ‘420’ all April with these amazing Deals & Promotions:

In Colorado, April is always the month to celebrate, especially if you are a medical and recreational marijuana dispensary in Fort Collins. On...

Teachers annoyed by disciplinary actions from tattoos

California teachers outraged by school tattoo policyTeachers at Barstow Unified School District in California turned out to protest a new district policy that allowed them to be disciplined for showing any tattoos at work by sending them home without pay, according to the Desert Dispatch. 

“Today I have been reminded of the dress code verbally, issued a letter of warning and was given a letter of reprimand. I was told I could be sent home on a daily basis possibly without pay,” said a teacher who said she has worked for the district for the past 12 years in an interview with the Dispatch. “I don’t feel my tattoos have ever impaired by ability to work.”

However, advocates for the policy say that the display of tattoos is unprofessional and distracting in the work place, both by teachers and students. 

To read more about this debate click here.