Coach on a Couch Fantasy Football Blog: Week 14

If you are still reading this than that means you were fortunate enough to make the fantasy football playoffs, which start this week in most leagues. Here is some advice to help you make a run in the playoffs and have a shot at being crowned the king of your fantasy football league!

Start Em’

Ryan Tannehill QB, MIA, will be looking to bounce back from his poor performance last week when he was unable to throw for a touchdown. Tannehill will have a solid match up this week at home against the Baltimore Ravens. The Ravens pass defense is ranked 31st in the league and has allowed 13 passing touchdowns in the past 4 games. Prediction: 21 pts; 260 yds and 2 TDs

C.J. Anderson RB, DEN, has had 59 carries while averaging 167.5 rushing yards, over the past 2 games. Anderson has had 3 touchdowns (1 rushing and 2 receiving) since taking over the starting running back role, just 4 weeks ago. With Anderson being so involved in both the rushing and passing game he is a must start in fantasy leagues. Prediction: 15 pts; 90 yds and 1 TD

DeAndre Hopkins, HOU, had 2 touchdowns and 238 receiving yards last week. Hopkins leads all wide receivers in yards per reception with 17.4 yds/rec. Coincidentally enough, he faces the Jaguars who have allowed the 2nd-highest yards per reception to opposing receivers this season. Hopkins will remain the lead receiver in Houston this week. Prediction: 15 pts; 90 yds and 1 TD

Sit Em’

Mark Sanchez QB, PHI, has played well since filling in for injured Nick Foles. This week Sanchez will face his biggest challenge yet in the stingy Seattle Seahawks defense. Seattle has been the best pass defense this year in terms of limiting opposing quarterbacks, holding them to just 11.5 fantasy points per game. Prediction: 12 pts; 240 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT

Denard Robinson RB, JAX, was a fantasy football sensation just a few weeks ago, but in the past 2 games he has totaled only 69 rushing yards on 25 carries. Things won’t get any easier this week for Robinson as he plays the Houston Texans who have allowed only 3.4 yards per carry over the past 7 weeks. Prediction: 6 pts; 60 yds

Sammy Watkins WR, BUF, has gone 4 games without a touchdown while averaging just 3 catches for 26 yards in that span. Watkins faces the Broncos secondary who have allowed the fewest yards per reception with just 10.4 yds/rec. Watkins will have trouble making big plays as he is likely to be shadowed by Denver’s lead cover man Aqib Talib. Prediction: 5 pts; 50 yds

Top Players by Position

QB

Aaron Rodgers, GB: Has thrown 13 touchdowns with no interceptions over the past 4 games. Prediction: 28 pts; 330 yds and 3 TDs

Drew Brees, NO: Is coming off of a 5 touchdown outing and will be facing the Panthers who have allowed the 9th-most fantasy points per game to opposing QBs. Prediction: 27 pts; 310 yds and 3 TDs

Peyton Manning, DEN: Has a tough match up against the Bills this week, but this guy is the reason your fantasy season is still alive. Prediction: 26 pts; 280 yds and 3 TDs

RB

Le’Veon Bell, PIT: Has had over 220 yards and a touchdown in each of the past 2 games. Prediction: 18 pts; 120 yds and 1 TD

Arian Foster, HOU: Plays the Jaguars who have allowed 23.8 fantasy points per game to opposing RBs, over the past 4 games. Prediction: 16 pts; 100 yds and 1 TD

Eddie Lacy, GB: Faces the Falcons who have allowed the 3rd-most fantasy points per game to opposing RBs. Lacy is 5th in fantasy points per game among RBs, since week 4. Prediction: 14 pts; 80 yds and 1 TD

WR

Jordy Nelson, GB: Faces the Falcons who have allowed the 6th-most fantasy points to opposing receivers. Prediction: 16 pts; 100 yds and 1 TD

Demaryius Thomas, DEN: Has had 4 touchdowns over the past 2 games and is averaging the 2nd-most fantasy points per game among WRs. Prediction: 15 pts; 90 yds and 1 TD

Calvin Johnson, DET: Megatron is back at full strength, coming off of a game where he had 146 yards and 2 touchdowns. Prediction: 14 pts; 80 yds and 1 TD

Check out a full injury report here.

Good luck in your first playoff game and check back next week for more fantasy football advice!

Collegian Sports Reporter Alec Grimes can be reached at sports@collegian.com and on Twitter @GrimesAlec.