ASCSU names new director of environmental affairs

The Associated Students of Colorado State University Senate approved Sam Block as the new director of environmental affairs Wednesday night.  Block has been working as the deputy director of environmental affairs, which focuses on sustainable transportation options.

“I’m really excited to get started and I have some great ideas for the semester,” Block said. She said she wants to focus on reducing waste and energy use on campus.

Several ASCSU members who have worked with Block said that she is hard working and a pleasure to work with.

“In my interactions when Sam was a deputy, the amount of work that she put in was admirable, and I sometimes wish that my deputies would do that much work,” said Will Maher, ASCSU director of student services. 

Sen. Phoenix Dugger expressed support for Block.  According to Dugger, Block has done far more than required as deputy director of environmental affairs.  

“Sam is great, we see her quite a bit in senate,” said Sen. Phoenix Dugger.  “We see her projects, we’ve seen all her work.  I don’t see any reason why she shouldn’t have this position.”

Collegian ASCSU Beat Reporter Jonathan Matheny can be reached online at news@collegian.com or on twitter @jonathanmathen2.