Small electrical fire in Lory Student Center Friday morning

An electrical problem caused a small fire in the Lory Student Center on Friday morning.

The issue caused smoking, which developed into a fire in one of the smaller rooms in the building.


Four firetrucks responded to the scene and and extinguished the fire.

The building is back to occupancy and regular functions, according to Dell Rae Moellenberg, senior communications coordinator for CSU Public Relations.

Collegian Senior Reporter Mariah Wenzel can be reached at