Mystic Experience at Meow Wolf’s Santa Fe House of Eternal Return

Sponsored Content:

Created by over 100 local artists, Meow Wolf Santa Fe’s House of Eternal Return is a wildly imaginative, 20,000-square-foot space designed to inspire participants of all ages. Chaotic portals take participants to worlds they’ve only seen in their wildest dreams through this explorable, immersive art installation. A unique combination of interactive children’s museum, art gallery, jungle gym, and fantasy novel, House of Eternal Return uses multimedia technology and otherworldly environments to create a groundbreaking form of nonlinear storytelling.

Scott Wiseman’s Installation in Portals Bermuda
Adam of Dose One in his new room at Meow Wolf’s House of Eternal Return

There are dozens of rooms, secret passages, interactive lights, and musical objects with which participants are known to play for hours. Closets become secret hallways to hidden rooms. An appliance becomes a door to another universe. A neon mammoth’s ribs become a xylophone. It’s the kind of thing that makes children thirst for knowledge, yet turns adults into big kids. Then there’s the story beneath the surface…

Meow Wolf’s Final Preparation and opening preview for friends and family. The House of Eternal Return
Meow Wolf House of Eternal Return

More than just a social media cornucopia, House of Eternal Return possesses a built-in narrative: the mystery of the Selig family, who disappeared one night after conducting a forbidden experiment inside their Victorian mansion. Who were the Seligs? Where did they go? You can leaf through old newspapers, consume custom narrative video content, or even comb through photo albums to try and find out.

The Dryer Tunnel
2018 Halloween enhancements at the House of Eternal Return.

Meow Wolf was established in 2008 as an art collective. What started as a group of friends — outsiders of the traditional art gallery scene — turning literal trash into DIY art shows and dance parties quickly (nearly a decade later, but still…) became a company of over 450 employees when their labors of love finally received some funding. The angel investor? None other than longtime Santa Fe resident George R.R. Martin.

After Martin purchased a defunct bowling alley, Meow Wolf turned the space into House of Eternal Return, opened to the public in 2016, and the rest is history. Experience-seekers arrived in droves, popularity only increased, and today Meow Wolf is planning to open new installations in Las Vegas, Denver, Washington D.C., and Phoenix. 

Selig Family
Meow Wolf’s House of Eternal Return

While House of Eternal Return retains permanent status as the main attraction at Meow Wolf Santa Fe, the facility also boasts one of the most popular concert venues in the Southwest, an innovative cafe and bar, and an active Learning Center for art classes. Even the gift shop is a destination unto itself, featuring merchandise from Meow Wolf’s creative “Multiverse” and artist brands like Future Fantasy Delight, Obsidiopolis, Legit Concerns, and New Mexico’s favorite recording artist/comedian Carlos Medina.

Other extensions of The Meow Wolf Multiverse include weekend music events Taos Vortex and Dark Palace, an interactive art ride in Denver’s Elitch Gardens called “Kaleidoscape,” and the aforementioned Meow Wolf Las Vegas, expected to open in Fall 2020 at Vegas retail and entertainment complex, AREA15.

Meow Wolf’s House of Eternal Return

For tickets to Meow Wolf Santa Fe’s House of Eternal Return, visit tickets.meowwolf.com/santa-fe/.