Rams wave Homecoming weekend goodbye

The annual Homecoming weekend can be a rowdy one depending on how you spend it, but this past Sunday was a time to unwind with friends and family.

people drink beer
The Colorado State University Alumni Association’s Sunday Funday at Horse and Dragon Brewery. (Sam Sedoryk | The Collegian)

The Colorado State University Alumni Association hosted its Sunday Funday event at Horse and Dragon Brewery as a way for alumni, friends, family and students to have a relaxing Sunday. As well as one more opportunity to celebrate the end of Homecoming weekend.

Whether alumni were visiting from out of town or staying in Fort Collins, Sunday Funday offered a more casual hang-out than the rest of the weekend’s antics. Attendees could drink local brews, play games or catch up with old friends from CSU.

“There’s no agenda for this event; it’s for CSU graduates to talk, mingle and come together with school spirit and pride,” said Ross Thompson, an alumni member. “It’s a great way for all of us to get together to end … Homecoming.”

The CSU Alumni Center helps organize and connect the CSU community. Thompson started the social meet and greet to bring CSU graduates together and find microbreweries associated with alumni, if possible.

We all have a connection because we’re Rams.”– Ross Thompson, CSU alumni 

The event had a successful turnout, allowing alumni to share memories and stories of the weekend. 

“It’s really great to have this event at the end of the whole weekend, as we’re all in one place, and it’s nice to see people, meet other alumni and share common interests with each other,” said Dakota Bogner, alumni engagement manager.

The CSU Alumni Association worked with local brewers Tim and Carol Cochran, who own Horse and Dragon Brewing Company, to coordinate this event.

“You just look around (at) how many people are enjoying themselves,” Carol Cochran said. “Sunday is such a wind-down day, and it’s a great way to say hello and goodbye to your friends who you shared Homecoming with.”

CSU alumni made this Sunday Funday a reminder of why alumni come back to Fort Collins for Homecoming weekend.

“We all have a connection because we’re Rams,” Thompson said. 

Sam Sedoryk can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @samsedoryk.