5 escape rooms to liven up your Halloweekend

Looking for tricks instead of treats this Halloween? Fort Collins has a vast amount of escape rooms with various adventures, puzzles and solvable tasks that are fun for students, families and young working adults alike.

Corn mazes and haunted houses typically come to mind when spooky season comes along, but these escape rooms offer a dose of tricks and fright that you can’t get anywhere else. Here are five local escape rooms to make your Halloween.

Fort Collins Escape Room

This escape room, located on Mason Street, has three different themed escape rooms: a steampunk room, a space-themed room and the newest room, which is medieval themed. All three of these rooms have different difficulty levels in solving the tasks, which gives everyone an opportunity to try an escape room of their liking. The Fort Collins Escape Room also has opportunities for team-building activities, so it’s a great ice breaker for new friends and co-workers. 

Enigma Escape Rooms

Award-winning Enigma Escape Rooms, located in the heart of downtown Fort Collins, has locations in Boulder and Fort Collins. The Boulder location has been highlighted in the Huffington Post for its challenging and entertaining escape rooms. With beginner and moderate level science-themed escape rooms, Enigma has fun for the whole family. The location also has space for private parties and team building.

ConTRAPtions Escape Rooms

ConTRAPtions’ three escape rooms are all technology-themed, with one of the rooms featuring amazing artificial intelligence technology that attendees must attempt to outwit. The rooms have three different difficulty levels, and the website even notes a “fright factor” from one to five. If you are looking for a truly spooky Halloween escape room experience, check out the “Plight of the Margo,” which has a fright factor of three out of five.

Somewhere Secret

Located in Old Town, Somewhere Secret is both an escape room and a treasure hunt. The escape room has plenty of vintage treasures and relics to search for as a part of the escape. The website notes the featured game is “someplace between an escape room, an adventure movie and a live-action mystery.” Solving the room at Somewhere Secret gives you access to a treasure map with treasures listed around the Fort Collins area. Somewhere Secret is a highly innovative concept that presents a really fun opportunity for those who are adventure seekers come Halloweekend. 

Art of the Escape

This escape room features two highly interactive rooms, one being forest themed and the other being Egyptian mummy themed. Both have a creepy atmosphere, which is perfect for Halloween season activities. With only 60 minutes to solve the puzzles and escape the room, this place surely puts it all on the line. They also allow private showings, which can create a more unique experience in the escape room. Be prepared to act fast at Art of the Escape, located on Harmony. 

Leo Friedman can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @leofriedman13