4 pumpkin patches perfect for fall fun

Pumpkin patches make the perfect fall and Halloween activity. They provide a fun, family-friendly outing, a place to pick up fall decor or a way to get some thrills and scares in for Halloween. Whether you’re enjoying a family outing, planning a fun date or are just a lonely ghoul, here are four pumpkin patches in Fort Collins that will put you in the Halloween spirit.

Spooky’s Pumpkin Patch

Most pumpkin patches are located in the rural areas of Northern Colorado, but Spooky’s Pumpkin Patch makes a convenient stop. Located in the middle of Fort Collins, Spooky’s has a variety of different-sized pumpkins for all your pumpkin preferences. They also offer straw bales, corn stalks and other fall vegetables, making it an opportune spot to pick up some fresh and local fall decor for your home.

Something From the Farm

Something From the Farm is a family-owned pumpkin patch located in southern Fort Collins. It provides more fun pumpkin patch activities like hayrides, mazes and farm animals. However, if you’re looking for something a bit more extreme, attendees can operate the corn cannon and pumpkin trebuchet. These projectile launchers let you sling your favorite fall vegetables in the air and see how far they can go. Their country store offers decorative items and delicious fall treats.

Bartels Farm

The Bartels Farm is a trip away from the city and allows visitors to see the local countryside of Northern Colorado. The Bartels Farm offers a family-friendly environment, as its large farm has animals that roam the grounds, a kids-oriented mini straw maze, pumpkin chucking and a corn maze. For those who are looking for a challenge, the corn maze will put your navigation skills to the test with its dead ends and narrow passages. On average, it takes around half an hour to complete the maze, making it a worthy and challenging corn maze.

Jack Lantern’s Northern Colorado Corn Maze

Looking for a spookier time? Jack Lantern’s Northern Colorado Corn Maze offers an abundance of fall activities based on the time of day. During the daytime, Jack Lantern’s offers plenty of activities for everyone, including bounce houses, farm animals, pedal cars, two pumpkin patches and wagon rides around the farm. However, as the day comes to an end, Jack Lantern’s Corn Maze of Carnage begins. For those who prefer a scare and want to get into the Halloween spirit, a haunted labyrinth awaits them with jump-scares and creatures of the night.

Sam Sedoryk can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter at @samsedoryk.