Flower Power Botanicals in Fort Collins Celebrates ‘420’ all April with these amazing Deals & Promotions:

In Colorado, April is always the month to celebrate, especially if you are a medical and recreational marijuana dispensary in Fort Collins. On...

4 independently run boutiques that make it fun to shop local

As summer heats up, it’s time to ditch the sweaters for a fun and adventurous summer wardrobe. With so many specialty boutiques opening up in Fort Collins, it is easy to opt to shop local this summer season.

Here are four clothing shops committed to bringing Colorado women timeless yet adventurous styles. 

1. Kansas City Kitty – @kansascitykittyshop

Locally owned and operated on College Avenue, Kansas City Kitty has reinvented classic styles for those who want a unique flair to their wardrobe. Curated with casual dresses, fun graphic tees and brands such as Obey and Tentree, Kansas City Kitty emphasizes a focus on sustainability and ethical goods. This boutique also offers a variety of handmade goods from artisans and creatives around Fort Collins, giving the shop a classic Fort Collins feel.

2. Blue Harvest Apparel – @blueharvestapparel

Blue Harvest Apparel’s colorful storefront is located just off of College Avenue. (Collegian | Lauryn Bolz)

Blue Harvest’s diverse selection of women’s wear features everything from classic basics to upscale streetwear items. Their inventory ranges from cozy, casual pieces by Joah Brown to dresses fit for special occasions, as well as accessories and select home goods. Blue Harvest also has an extensive apothecary section stocked with candles, Herbivore face masks and anything else needed for a DIY spa day.

3. Stillwater Clothing – @stillwaterclothing

Blue Harvest’s younger hip sister Stillwater offers clothing fit for hitting the streets or the hiking trail. The boutique, which opened its doors just over six months ago, features casually-cool brands such as the CAMP Collection, KAVU and Ink + Alloy. Aimed at curating a collection fit for active women, Stillwater’s colorful inventory and local flair is an adventurous addition to the Fort Collins shopping scene.

4. Heyday – @theheydaystore

Located east of campus on the Jessup Farm Village, Heyday specializes in “easy, clean, effortless” women’s wear. With brands such as RVCA and Levi’s, Heyday keeps their inventory clean and simple, while still retaining a playful vibe. Their bright location and diverse collection is everything needed to inspire a chic summer wardrobe.

Lauryn Bolz can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @LaurynBolz.