Taste of Fort Collins to return to Old Town this weekend

https://vimeo.com/54915458

Video courtesy of Taste of Fort Collins

One of Fort Collins’ most anticipated summer events, the Taste of Fort Collins festival, will return to Old Town this weekend from June 10 to 12, bringing local music, food and three headlining bands to kick off the summer season.

The festival kicks off Friday June 10 at 5:30 p.m. with local band One Flew West. Following will be a performance by The Wombats, the festival’s first headlining band, at 7:15 p.m.

Saturday shows will begin at noon with Fort Collins artist Eryn DeSomer. Seven local bands, including The Jekylls and Medic, will follow. Headliner Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue will finish off the night at 7 p.m.

An additional nine local music acts will take the stage on Sunday. Among the most popular are Breakfast for Dinner and Strawberry Runners. Allen Stone will be the final headliner to perform at the festival at 6 p.m. Sunday.

All performances will take place on the Pedersen Scion Stage located in Washington Park or the Pederson Toyota Stage located in Civic Center Park.

In addition to the extensive music lineup, Taste of Fort Collins will feature food from local restaurants and food trucks, including Waffle Lab, The Taco Shop, Big’s Meat Wagon, Tom+Chee, Krazy Karl’s Pizza and many more.

A variety of beers from Odell Brewing Company and New Belgium Brewing will be available. The two breweries will also be presenting their collaboration brew called Tag Team.

Taste of Fort Collins will take place in Old Town next to the Larimer County Justice Center. Entrances will be available at the intersections of LaPorte Ave. and Mason St., Laporte Ave. and Meldrum St., Howes St. and Maple St and at Mountain Ave. between Howes St. and Mason St. (not available on Friday).

Taste of Fort Collins will take place this year next to the Larimer County Justice Center, at the intersection of Howes St. and Laporte Ave. Entrances to the festival will be on the north and south sides of the event on Howes St. and to the east and west on Laporte Ave.

Admission will $5 before 3 p.m. and $10 after 3 p.m. Children under 12 years old, adults over the age of 65 and military personnell with a valid ID will receive free admission. Free admission is also granted before 3 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday to those with a First National Bank visa card.

A portion of the festival’s proceeds will benefit the Eyeopeners Kiwanis Club of Fort Collins Foundation.

Collegian Arts and Culture Editor Randi Mattox can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @randimattox.