Coffee on campus: Where to go

As autumn begins, and the era of pumpkin spice everything is upon us, coffee becomes a tired college student’s best friend.

On campus, there are six coffee shops to visit and fill that hole in the heart that only sweet caffeinated drink can. Here’s a list of the six, and what is worth visiting about each of them.

Sweet Sinsations is located in the LSC, and offers fair trade coffee. (Photo Credit: Chapman Croskell)

Sweet Sinsations
Located near the east entrance of the Lory Student Center, Sweet Sinsations offers Allegro coffee and tea, which is local from Denver and is fair trade. Their most popular drinks are the CSU caramel and the white rabbit. The location in the LSC makes it easy to grab a cup between classes or with friends on campus.

Location: Lory Student Center

Hours: Monday-Thursday 7 a.m.-5 p.m., Fri. 7 a.m.-4 p.m.

Intermissions, new to campus, offers Starbucks coffee. (Photo Credit: Chapman Croskell)

Intermissions
The newest coffee shop on campus, Intermissions is near the art gallery and theater in the LSC, and offers Starbucks coffee. This means that one can get the original #PSL. The most popular drink at the shop is the caramel frappuccino.

Location: LSC, near the theater

Hours: Monday-Thursday 7 a.m.-6 p.m., Friday 7 a.m.-4 p.m.

Morgan's Grind, in the Morgan Library, gives students a caffeine break between studying. (Photo Credit: Chapman Croskell)
Morgan’s Grind, in the Morgan Library, gives students a caffeine break between studying. (Photo Credit: Chapman Croskell)

Morgan’s Grind
Found at the entrance of Morgan Library, the later hours of Morgan’s Grind allow students to grab coffee between late-night study sessions in the library. The shop’s most popular drink is their caramel concentration. It also offers the locally sourced Pi Chai in three different flavors: java, chocolate and original.

Location: Morgan Library

Hours: Monday-Thursday 7:30 a.m.-10 p.m., Friday 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Sunday 1 p.m.-10 p.m.

Sweet Temptations in the BSB has many flavored coffees to choose from. (Photo Credit: Chapman Croskell)

Sweet Tempations
Located in the Behavioral Sciences Building, Sweet Tempations offers a similar selection to that of Sweet Sinsations. Its most popular drink is its straight coffee. This is a great cafe to grab a cup between science classes on the south side of campus.

Location: Behavioral Sciences Building

Hours: Monday-Thursday 7 a.m.-6 p.m., Friday 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.

Ram's Horn Express in AV offers Bean Cycle coffee late in to the evening. (Photo Credit: Chapman Croskell)
Ram’s Horn Express in AV offers Bean Cycle coffee late in to the evening. (Photo Credit: Chapman Croskell)

Ram’s Horn
The Ram’s Horn Express shop in Academic Village also offers Bean Cycle coffee. Their hours make the shop a great place to grab coffee for the south-side residence halls at any time. Its most popular drink is a mocha.

Location: Academic Village Ram’s Horn Express

Hours: Sunday-Saturday 7 a.m.-1 a.m.

The Bean Counter offers coffee to business students from inside Rockwell. (Photo Credit: Chapman Croskell)

Bean Counter
Found in the west wing of the Business building, Bean Counter offers Cafe Richesse coffee, a local business owned by CSU alumni. The shop is a great stop for business students, and everyone else who find themselves on the north side of campus.

Location: West Wing of Rockwell

Hours: Monday-Thursday 7 a.m.-5 p.m., Friday 7 a.m.-2 p.m.

Collegian Reporter Chapman Croskell can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com and on Twitter @Nescwick.