A holiday gift guide for your stoner friends

10 cannabis-themed holiday gifts for college students

Collegian | Tri Duong

Photo illustration of a Moose Labs MouthPeace filter added to a bong to purify smoke during inhalation Sept. 14. (Tri Duong | The Collegian)

Lindsay Barker, Cannabis Reporter

Don’t know what to get your weed-loving pal for the holidays? This gift guide has some fun suggestions for the stoner in your life.

Selfies pre-rolls

Whether for a seasoned stoner or a casual smoker, this five-pack of quarter gram joints from Organic Alternatives is a great gift. They’re pre-rolled and come in a cute little container for easy consumption at only $16.

Cute joint container

Although the Selfies come pre-rolled in their own container, some people enjoy rolling their own joints. If you’re shopping for one of these people, get them a cute container to hold their joints. I was gifted a tin from Curiosities in Old Town, but if you prefer online shopping, Etsy has plenty of options, and you can even customize a few of them. DoobiedudeUSA creates personalized tins that come in a variety of colors and even include rolling papers and tips, a perfect gift for a joint-rolling friend. These containers usually range in price from $10 to $25.

Toker Poker

Toker Pokers are great multi-tools used for packing bowls and cashing them after smoking. The Toker Poker is a lighter case with a thin metal poker and flat circular end with room to wrap a lighter charm or HempWick around. Toker Pokers are made for BIC lighters or Clipper lighters and come in a large variety of colors and patterns.

These multi-tool lighter cases range in price from $9.95 to $14.95, depending on the case. Some even include a bottle opener. Toker Pokers can be found in most smoke shops around town and are also available on the company’s website. 

Weed-themed games

Weed-themed games are a great holiday gift that can turn into an entertaining stoned activity. Smoke a joint with your friends before playing and see what happens. Curiosities sells a few different options, including the board games Ganjaland and Weed-Opoly, as well  Toker Dice and card game Stoner Safari. Different weed-themed games can also be purchased online and range in price from $10 to $40.

Moose Labs MouthPeace filter

If your stoner friend coughs like a maniac after every rip, this silicone mouthpiece is a great gift for them. Moose Labs makes two different sizes of their MouthPeace, both of which are quite giftable. The original MouthPeace is for filtering smoke out of larger glass pieces while the MouthPeace mini is for smoking joints and blunts.

This product gets rid of tar and resin with a triple-layer carbon filter and makes it so much easier to smoke. I wrote about Moose Labs in my favorite accessories article and definitely couldn’t leave it off this list. The original MouthPeace and the mini both cost $9.99 and can be found at Up’n Smoke, Wild Side or online.

Smell-proof bag or container

If your friend is traveling home for the holidays and needs a smell-proof container to divert suspicion from prying family members, this is the gift for them. Smokey Monkey carries Dime Bags, which come in a variety of sizes and colors depending on your preferences. Herb.co also created a comprehensive list of high-quality smell proof containers. You can even order them on Amazon.com starting at $15.  

Poke A Bowl or Debowler

These ashtrays are great for cashing bowls and eliminate the need for a tool to do so. Debowlers are available at smoke shops in town or online, and Poke A Bowls can be ordered online. These types of ashtrays are a convenient way to clean out a bowl after it’s smoked and come in a variety of colors. Debowlers cost $6.99 and up, and Poke A Bowls sell for around $16.75. 

Moodmat

These upcycled rubber mats are a cute and fun way to keep glass pieces safe from the surfaces they’re set on. This gift is geared more toward someone who already owns some nice glass pieces and needs a protective surface to prevent the piece from being scratched or chipped.

There are a ton of options on the Moodmats website, and they can also be found at Up’n Smoke in town. The average price is around $25, but Moodmats can range from $12 to $50, depending on size and design.

Weed socks

Does your weed-loving friend also love socks? Great. Get them weed socks. These stoner socks can be found at local trinket stores like Curiosities or ordered online. Socks are always an easy cozy gift for the holidays and cost around $13. 

Wake and bake mug

This wake and bake novelty mug includes a built-in pipe. Your friend can enjoy a nice cup of coffee or tea while simultaneously enjoying a bowl of weed. Etsy has many different versions of this mug, including a sleek ceramic one from OddNot shop. If you’re shopping in town, you can find a selection of these mugs at Up’n Smoke. Depending on how the mug was made, they range in price but start around $25.

Reach Lindsay Barker at cannabis@collegian.com or on Twitter @lindsaybarkerj.