Colorado State schedules home-and-home football series with Texas Tech in 2025, 2026

Colorado State has added another Power Five opponent to its future football schedules. 

CSU and Big-12 Conference member Texas Tech jointly announced a home-and-home football series Wednesday between the two schools to be played in 2025 and 2026. The Rams will host Texas Tech Saturday, Sept. 6, 2025 and travel to Lubbock for the second game in the series Saturday, Sept. 12, 2026.

CSU and Texas Tech have met twice previously, in 1968 and 1987, with the Red Raiders winning both match-ups in Lubbock.

Along with the announcement of a home-and-home series with Toledo earlier this week, Wednesday’s news means the Rams will have at least 13 match-ups with Power Five conference members over the next 10 years. 

“It is important for our program to build toward the future and face competition that will challenge us and excite our fans,” CSU head coach Mike Bobo said in a news release. “We’re excited to play a game and have a presence in Texas, where we recruit heavily, and to be able to bring a Big-12 program to Fort Collins.”

CSU also has future match-ups scheduled with Alabama (2017), Oregon State (2017, 2019), Florida (2018), Arkansas (2019), Toledo (2019, 2021) and the annual Rocky Mountain Showdown with in-state rival Colorado scheduled through 2020. 

Collegian Senior Sports Reporter Keegan Pope can be reached at kpope@collegian.com and on Twitter @ByKeeganPope. 

Future Colorado State football matchups:

2017
Sept. 2 — vs. Colorado (in Denver)
Sept. 9 — ABILENE CHRISTIAN
Sept. 16 — at Alabama
Sept. 23 — OREGON STATE

2018
Sept. 1 — vs. Colorado (in Denver)
Sept. 15 — at Florida

2019
Aug. 31 — vs. Colorado (in Denver)
Sept. 14 — at Arkansas
Sept. 21 — TOLEDO

2020
Sept. 5—COLORADO

Sept. 12 — at Oregon State

2021
Sept. 25 — at Toledo

2025
Sept. 6 — Texas Tech

2026
Sept. 12 — at Texas Tech