First-time home buyer’s class to occur tonight

CSU and Off Campus Life are hosting the first of three informational sessions about buying a home tonight at the Lory Student Center.

The class will be held every Tuesday for the next three weeks in the Lory Student Center rooms 372-374 from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

The three-week course costs $15 for CSU students and $20 for non-students.

According to the course description, the classes will provide education to anyone interested in purchasing a home in the near future.

Topics of the course include:

• finding the right realtor
  • why real estate is a good investment
  • how to talk with a realtor/inspector/lender
  • appraisals and inspections
  • Conventional, FHA, VA and other loan down payment financing
  • credit ratings and credit scoring
  • the process to buy a home

Agent Lance Volmer with Re/max Advanced Inc., will host the session. Volmer has taught first time home buyers at local colleges for over 12 years, and according to his website’s biography, he is tries to take the intimidation out of home buying.

Volmer specializes in the re-sale of homes, condos and town homes. According to his website, Volmer reassures parents about their college student purchasing their first home.

house.jpg
Collegian file photo.

Volmer also gives presentations on home buying in college parent sessions over the summers.

For more information about the home-buying course or how to get in contact with Lance Volmer, Off Campus Life can be emailed at ocl@colostate.edu or called at 970-491-2248.

To register and pay for the class go to http://www.ocl.colostate.edu/first-time-homebuyer-class.

Collegian reporter Karissa Miller can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @KarissaMiller17.