Looking back: top headlines for each month in the 2016 spring semester

The Collegian

The Collegian strives to provide quality coverage of a variety of campus and local events, news, views and entertainment. Some days, the paper is uplifting and positive, like when the CSU climbing team won a national championship for the second year in a row. Other times, our stories cover sensitive material and topics that tear the smile right from your face, like when tragedy struck a CSU basketball player earlier this year.

It can be difficult to recognize the most important stories in our campus community in the day-to-day news cycle and in the busy college environment. When you look at the semester as a whole, however, there were some that stood out from others for their importance to the community or for the stories they told. 

Below is a timeline of the most-read news articles from the spring semester for each of the five last months. On the top row are the top headlines for the affiliated articles, with the publication date above, while on the bottom row are some larger stories that you may have heard about these past few months, with the date they happened below.

Top row: top headlines from each month, according to page reads. Bottom row: National/International stories you may remember, for time reference. (Erik Petrovich / Collegian)

The Collegian Editorial Board can be reached at editor@collegian.com or on Twitter at @CSUCollegian.