Five Things We Learned Delivering Over Half a Million Orders for NoCo Restaurants
November 8, 2023

In May 2019, Nosh began as a humble restaurant co-op with just three people. When the pandemic hit in March 2020, while many businesses...

Police investigating stabbing outside Larimer County Courthouse

Fort Collins Police Services arrested a man Tuesday for suspicion of attempted murder in the first degree and first degree assault of the suspect’s mother.

At a little before 1 p.m. Fort Collins Police Services received a report of a female who had been cut in the neck by a man identified as Michael Contreras, according to a press release.

The incident occurred in the Larimer County Courthouse Office parking lot on Oak St. When police arrived, Contreras was contacted on scene and detained. 

The victim was transported to the Medical Center of the Rockies for treatment and is expected to survive her injuries.

It was discovered that the female is Contreras’ mother during the investigation. 

Contreras was transported to the Larimer County Jail for suspicion of attempted murder in the first degree and first degree assault.

Police are still investigating.

Police are asking that anyone with information about this crime to call Detective David Grant with Fort Collins Police at (970)-4162026 or Crime Stoppers at (970)-2216868.

Collegian Breaking News Editor Sady Swanson can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter at @sadyswan.