BREAKING: CSU President Tony Frank recommends on-campus stadium

In a memo sent to the Colorado State University Board of Governors, CSU President Tony Frank recommended the construction of an on-campus stadium Saturday morning.

“I believe that most of you know I think this discussion has now gone on long enough …” Frank wrote in an email to campus.

Frank followed the recommendations made earlier this month by committees and campus groups citing either option three or four as viable. Option three would build the campus stadium in phases when funding became available and option four would entail a partnership with a private company.

Final approval for the on-campus stadium will be decided Friday in Denver at the next Board of Governors meeting. At the meeting, Frank will not only recommend construction of an on-campus stadium but also ask for time to decide on a financing plan to move forward.

“For those of you frustrated with the amount of energy that has been devoted to this topic,” Frank wrote, “I thank you for your patience and indulgence as we worked through the issues.”

Collegian Reporter Skyler Leonard can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @Skyler_Leonard